Well, here it is Monday, October 9th, Thanksgiving day! Sorry, it's been a while since I last posted here. I am warning you now, this is going to be a long post, as I am going to try everything that has happened in this last week or so :-)
We had a busy week at work getting ready for the open house. Every night last week we worked 2 hours of overtime!! It will be nice when we see the paycheques, but it sure made for long days! We would be at work at 7:30 in the morning and wouldn't be home til 7:30 at night!!!!
The day of the open house (Friday) we got up early and dropped Hudson off at Jim's (we left him there for the day, due to the fact that we were going to be done late and work!), sure enough we didn't get done everything at work til 7:30pm!! (again!!) I went and got Hudson and took him back to work, and we all just sat around and talked and laughed til about 10:00pm. It was a looooong day!! But, it was fun!
Then on Saturday, we were up at 7:00 am, as I had an eyebrow apointment in Edmonton at 9:30 and I didn't do any packing til Saturday morning! So, we were out of the house by 8:00, stopped at McDonalds for breakfast (Bob was craving a sausage mcmuffin!) and on the road by 8. Got to Edmonton around 9, went to the mall and got my eyebrows done, then we quickly went to see Mum at work (although, I think she wanted to see Hudson more then us!), only because when we got to her work, she ran outside and said "Do you have Hudson with you? Bring him up, the other's want to see him!" So, Hudson (and Bob) got to go into the comm centre! Then, we went to Spruce Grove and visited with Luba and Art's. It was a fun day, Bob helped Dad move his shed and Luba and I just visited and cleaned the house and got ready for supper and just talked. Then around 4pm, Jimmy, John, Corinne and Kiera arrived. Then, Sally and the kids came - wow they are getting so big! Josee is now 10 and in grade 5 and Brenden is 7 and in grade 2!!
We ate around 6 and it was so yummy, Luba made ham and all the fixings - she even remembered applesauce for me :-) Then after supper, we all just visited and Bob and I ended up leaving around 8:30 as we were so tired! We got to my parents then, just visited with Mum, Dad, Mandy and Jorge til about 11:00pm! Mandy and Mum were showing me all the stuff they have for her wedding, it's going to be so much fun!
Then, Sunday (yesterday) was my 27th birthday! Hard to believe I am 27 already, where does the time go.....wasn't is just yesterday I was in high school and thinking about what I was going to do with my life after school? It sure feels like it! I know I haven't gotten any taller that's for sure, 5'3" and still proud of it! (although, I always thought I would be taller - oh, well, guess not:-) Anyway, wow - 27; look where my life is now, I didn't think I would be here eaither. I guess that's the thing about leaving everything in God's hands, He knows what's best for us. He has given me more then I ever imagined! I have a wonderful husband, who I know loves me, and a beautiful house and we both have good jobs, and have two wonderful sets of parents and siblings. It's hard to believe this coming May, Bob and I will have been together for 10 years, like I said...where does the time go?? Anyway, enough rambling, about my life; I got to spend my birthday with my sister! After church, Bob and Jorge decided to go to the comic book store (men will always be boys!!) and Mandy and I had such a fun time, we went to the mall and just looked for some stuff for the wedding, it was lots of fun - just the two of us!
After we spent the day at the mall, Mandy and I came home and we were so tired. (shopping does that to girls!) Then, Mum came home from work and we celebrated our birthdays. It's so funny, we got her Corner Gas season 3, and guess what I got from Mum and Dad? Yup, Corner Gas season 3!!! haha!! Also, I got a new pair of fuzzy slippers from Jorge and Mandy! I also got a couple of books from Mum and Dad. (one that I had already :-( ) Bob gave me some dvds and a cool sand thingy. Thanks, Babe - sure do love you!
Dad made a cake for me, and it was yummy! Then we watched Corner Gas and then went to bed!
Here it is Thanksgiving Day and the smell of turkey is filling my parents house! I sure can't wait to have turkey and stuffing!! I have so much to be thankful on this beautiful day, I have a wonderful husband and wonderful family. I love God and am trying to do His will for my life. He has given me so much and He loves me very much. If you think of me, please pray for me, that I will continue to put Him first in my life, sometimes I think, I know He loves me, so I put him on the back burner of my life, cause I know He is always there for me. But, I need to remeber to put him first in my life, not on the back burner, but right beside me!
Well, I know this has been a long post, sorry!! Hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving, and remember God loves us very much!! Happy Thanksgiving!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well is is so good to have you home here at Thanksgiving.It is hard to belive you are 27. It does seem like just yesterday I brought you home from a hospital in Virginia. Sure was a cute little one but then all our girls were cute little one's. Love you sweetie and hope your next 27 are as good as the first 27. Love you Dad
Thanks for coming home, KB - we always love to have you and you know how much I enjoy spending time with you! Next time you're up we'll have to check out that scrapbooking store I was telling you about. If being 27 makes you feel old - think how I feel! Ha ha - it's all relative - I am thankful for every day I can spend with you... And it was you I was happy to see at work - not Hudson!! Love you!
Mum
Post a Comment