Thursday, December 28, 2006

Back home again

Well, I just thought I would quickly update this and share with all of you some of the highlights we had from this past Christmas weekend. It started on Friday afternoon; we got off work at 1 and took Hudson to get groomed. I didn’t know at the time that it would take 3 hours to get him groomed, but oh well. We dropped him off, and went home to do some last minute packing. We picked him up and hit the highway at about 5:15pm, and with the roads being all nice and dry, we were at Mum and Dad’s by 6:45pm. Friday night was spent visiting with Mum and Dad, and Mandy and Jorge. I tried to stay awake until the Listers arrived, but I finally called it at night at midnight, come to find out the next morning they arrived around 12:30 – I just missed them by half an hour. Oh, well – I was awakened on Saturday by three beautiful nieces and that was well worth it. Those three are getting so big and more beautiful every time I see them. Saturday was spent by all, just running around doing last minute shopping and stuff like that. At one point, Mum, Erilyn, Amelie and I went to Safeway for a couple of items. In the afternoon the Zielsdorfs came over for a nice visit. In the evening, some of us went to church and some stayed home. Poor Kellen, was not feeling himself all weekend, and all he wanted was to be in Tanya’s arms. Poor little man!

Sunday was such a special day, as my side of the family celebrates Christmas on Christmas Eve. It was such a wonderful day! We all got spoiled and got lots of awesome gifts. In the afternoon we all got to enjoy Dad’s turkey dinner. It was so yummy! Dad, if you are reading this, thanks for making it for us, it was so good and one of my favorite things about the holidays!! I love you so much Dad! After the meal and all the dishes were done we all just relaxed around the house. Around 5pm Bob and I headed over to his parents as John, Corinne and Kiera were going to be there instead of on Christmas Day. We spent the evening with his side of the family, and again got spoiled and got lots of nice items. We got home at about 10pm and I went straight to bed as I was so tired. Then on Christmas day, we spent just relaxing and visiting with my family in the morning and then in the afternoon, Bob and I headed over again to Luba and Art’s (as Luba did turkey on Christmas day) and just spent time visiting with them. For supper, because all the Listers were gone to Tom’s side of the family Mum, Dad, Mandy and Jorge came over for turkey at the Barnes household. We had lots of fun. We got back to my parents place at about 9:00ish and Tanya and Tom and the kids arrived a couple minutes later. Tan put the kids to bed and us adults decided to try our hands at Bob’s new game, Trivial Pursuit – the 80’s Edition. Seeing as all of us lived through the 80’s we thought we would be good at it. We split into teams, boys vs girls – we had so much fun!! Although, the questions were very hard and we began to doubt that any of us had actually lived in the 80’s, but in the end, the boys managed to get the victory! I don’t think I have laughed that hard in a very long time. Around midnight we called it a night and turned it in.

Tuesday was Boxing Day, and unfortunately Mumma had to work. Around 10:00am, Bob, Mandy, Jorge and I decided to go to the mall and do some shopping. Bob wanted to go and pick up some Christmas lights as they were on sale for half price. The Listers left in the morning to go home, so we said our goodbyes to them and then headed over to the mall. Bob found some lights and we got back to my parents place at about noon. From there we finished packing up the car and headed to Dido’s. We spent the afternoon with the Danyluk side of the family. It was lots of fun – this was the first year we got to participate in the gift exchange. Usually it’s just the Aunts and Uncles that participate but, this year all the cousins got to join too. It was lots of fun and of course there was lots of food!


We had a nice visit, we left around 3:30 as we still had an hour and half drive ahead of us. First though, we stopped at a couple stores (Walmart and Costco) as Bob wanted to see if they had any Christmas lights left. We were on the highway by 5 and were home at about 6:30. We got home, unloaded the car and let Hudson outside and we just unpacked. When we got home, and after about being home about half an hour we noticed that Matilda has joined us. She must have driven all the way from Lethbridge just to see us. Oh, how excited we are to have her here! I am sure, she won’t be staying long though, we have been having lots of snow here the last couple of days, so she will be looking to go somewhere warmer. Then, Bob and I watched one of the movies we bought at Costco, it's called "The Devil wears Prada" - it was pretty good. We went to bed at about 11:00.

We worked yesterday and today, although it has been so slow - it kind of seems silly that we are even open, but oh, well - it's not our call. Last night, I was so tired, we got home at 6:00pm and I showered and then laid down on the bed and never got up again until this morning. I was just so tired, everytime I thought of getting up, my body just told me to go back to bed. So, I did. Tonight, I think Bob and I are going to go to the grocery store and to Walmart, we have some gift cards we want to use. I am going to try to talk Bob into buying me a nice steak for supper, I'll let you know how that works out! haha


2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, you did a good summary of the Christmas visit as well, KB! LOL - I forgot sooo much on my blog... It sure was fun, though! Tell Matilda that the days are getting longer and that it's *much* warmer in Blackfalds than it is in Edmonton!!!

Floyd said...

Good job Kristy. I was going to write but you and Tanya and Mum did such a good job I didn't want to make myself look bad trying to remember all that stuff. Oh how did Matilda get there??? Do you leave your doors unlocked?? Hope she doesn't have a key to my house. Ha ha. Love you both.

Dad

 
Designed by Lena