Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas time is coming….

Well, here it Monday and Mondays always seems to be the day I update on my blog! So, here is what we have been up to in the Barnes household. We had a great past weekend. On Friday night, Bob took Hudson and drove to Devon after work, to pick up our Christmas tree and decorations from John and Corinne’s house. We stored them there when we first moved to Red Deer as there was no room for them in apartment. I spent Friday night cleaning the house and then watched some episodes of C.S.I. Miami – I love the tv channel A&E because on Friday nights they have 5 episodes back to back!!

On Saturday we went to Red Deer and Hudson had class #2 of his puppy classes. He is doing really well, even the teacher was surprised at how good he was doing. We got home in the afternoon and spent all afternoon cleaning and decorating the Christmas tree and getting the house ready for Christmas. I have taken lots of pictures of the house, so maybe I will post some on here for you to see. Our tree turned out really pretty, we even bought these new lights for the tree and they are so pretty. Even Bob’s “Stitch” got into the Christmas spirit, Bob had to buy him a santa hat, so he fit in with the Christmas theme! haha I also bought these star lights that I have hung on the kitchen window, it looks so pretty!

Sunday was church and we taught our last Sunday school classes for a couple of months anyway. After church we ran to a couple more stores to get just a few more decorations (and some new Christmas music!) to finish the house. We had friends come over around 4pm, Cory and Wendy and their two children, Mackenzie is 8 and Brent is 5. They are a sweet family. Cory is an electrician so, he was willing to help Bob and I put lights on the outside of the house. Both Bob and I were so glad for his help; I think we would have not have been able to put them up if it wasn’t for the help we received. Cory bought his work truck and he has like 6 different ladders of all different heights so, that was nice and a big help. Then, once we were done putting the lights up we had supper and Wendy made this really yummy pie for dessert! After supper, the kids played Gamecube for a while. They left around 9pm. It was such a fun time, and we are so thankful for our friends that God has blessed us with!

Tonight we have Bible Study, I feel a bad, because I haven’t kept up with the book we are doing, because our pastor has been talking about the book in his sermons and Bob and I haven’t been to a church service in the last two months due to teaching Sunday school. Oh, well – it’s always fun to visit with friends, so I am looking forward to going!

Well, I guess that’s all for now – when I get home tonight, I will try to post some pictures of our house all decorated for Christmas!!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena