Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday Update

Here it is, another update from me on my blog and oh, look – it’s Monday! haha
It always seems I find to do updates on this on Mondays. Well, we have had a busy week! This past Friday, I had the joy of going to one of the ladies house from church for a “Ladies only” party. We had lots of fun! The ladies in my church are so much fun and just make me laugh lots! I ended up staying until midnight, and got a ride home with Sue. On Saturday Bob and I came into work for 8am and unloaded the receiving truck that normally comes on Monday. Because one of the girls isn’t here today, we figured we’d help by doing receivings early. We arrived at work at 8, and the truck didn’t show up until 9! It ended up Amber showed up to help us, and so the 3 of us had it all done by 10:30am, so that was good! From work, Bob and I took Hudson (he came to work with us) to puppy classes. For some reason this week at puppy class, Hudson was not at all listening – it was so funny to watch, he was totally not doing anything he had learned!

Then after class, we went and dropped Hudson off at Jim’s for the night. Our work had our Christmas party in Edmonton at 6pm. So, we dropped Hudson off and then headed home to finish packing. We arrived in Edmonton at around 2pm and did some running around. Bob wanted to get some new pants and a shirt for the party, so we found him something to wear and made it to the hotel in time to shower and get ready to go. It is really nice, because we are from out of town; Titan pays for a hotel room for us. So, it was a nice night, the food was really yummy and it was nice to see some of the people that I had worked with in Edmonton and also to meet some of the people that I talk to on a daily basis and to put faces with the voices. It was a fun night – I didn’t do any dancing though, for some reason, I just didn’t feel like dancing, so I just sat and watched and talked to lots of people. We were one of the last people to leave the hall and I think we got to bed by 2am!

On Sunday, we didn’t do too much – Bob wasn’t feeling good, so we just looked around at a couple of stores, but then left and were home by 2pm. Once we got home, we got a call from on call at work, and even though Bob wasn’t at on call, there was a customer that needed some items. So, Bob had to go in and make some slings, so he made some money, so that was nice. Then we came home and had a little nap, then Bob went to pick up Hudson from Jim’s at 7pm. I made supper, and then together we watched the season finale of Amazing Race and then I made some banana (yummy!!) cookies, while Bob wrapped 2 presents for our small groups gift exchange tonight. We are having small group tonight and we are doing a gift exchange, but the fun thing with this exchange is it’s a re-gift exchange. Which means we have to bring something from our house that we were going to throw out or sell at our next garage sale. So, it should be lots of fun! Apparently last year there were some fun gifts. So, I’ll let you know. I am re-gifting some cookbooks that I have had since I was married and have never used! Then, Bob is re-gifting a wine opener that I won at he Christmas party on Saturday!

Well, I am going to end this post now, it is 5:00pm and time to leave work for the day!! Yipee!! Good night all!

3 comments:

Floyd said...

I hope none of your small group read your blog or they will know what your gifts are. Haha
Have fun tonight and I am looking forward to coming down on Thursday evening. Love you both.

Dad

Wendy said...

Hey!! I've got some "re-gifts"!! Can I use them for Christmas??? What a good idea!!

Mum

Wendy said...

Week old news is stale news - we want news, we want news!!!

(love you!)
Mum

 
Designed by Lena