Well, here it is Monday afternoon and I thought I should update this.
This past weekend was nice. We woke up on Saturday morning to lots and lots of snow! It started snowing during the night, and just kept on snowing all morning - I think it finally stopped around noon! Saturday morning was our last puppy classes and guess what? Hudson graduated! He officially finished puppy classes - he did so good, I think he liked to show off to the other dogs. He's the only one that has been there to every class and when the trainer asked him to do tricks, he did them great! Saturday afternoon was just spent relaxing and watching dvds. In the evening, we were going to invite people over, but all the couples we could think of all have kids, and we didn't think they would be able to come over at the last minute. So, we played the game of Life on the Playstation. Yes, Bob did win both games, but I think I let him win! haha
Sunday, I volunteered in the nursery at church - let me just say, that it has been a long time since I have worked with babies!! We had one little girl who was about 2 years old, and she stood at the door and yelled "I want my mummy" all morning, and when I tried to get down to pick her up, she would yell "don't touch me!" She finally settled down a little bit when we decided it was snack time. haha Needless to say, I am teaching grade 3, 4 & 5 sunday school next week, and am looking forward to it! After church we had to get our pictures taken, as our church is doing a photo church directory. They also had a potluck lunch so, we stayed for that too. I sure do love our church - thank you God for bringing us to Kentwood!
Sunday evening was just spent relaxing not doing a whole lot.
Oh, I forgot to mention on here! I am going to be an Aunty again!! I was talking to Tan on Wednesday and she mentioned that she is expecting again!! I am so excited for them! They are such great parents and God has richly blessed them! She is due in September, so that is very exciting! I love being an Aunty!
Also, in my last post, I talked about looking into lazer eye surgery. Well I have talked to some people that had it done in Edmonton and I have called the office where they got it done, and they have a free 3 hour consultation to see if indeed I can get it done and what it would cost. I thought I would have to wait months to get in just to see them, but they had an opening on Saturday and as Bob and I are going to be in Edmonton on Saturday anyway (we are going up for supper at John and Corinne's for Mom Barnes birthday) I booked it for Saturday afternoon. I am now both nervous and excited! Anyway, I will keep you updated, but if you think of me, please pray for me. Thanks!
I also got a call from Mum yesterday, that a dear family friend had a stroke on Saturday, if you can please remember him and his family at this time. I just talked to Mum this afternoon, she is going to try to contact the family to see how he is doing. If you can just pray that would be great! I know God listens when we pray!
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog - I know it's not the greatest and I don't update it as much as I would like to, but, I am going to try to keep it updated more.
Until next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Who said it is not the greatest eh???How do you know that? I think is it great and do you think that one of my daughters would write a not so great blog??? Love you sweetie. Just have a question for you. Does lazer treatments last a lifetime? I haven't heard a lot about it so I was just wondering?
Dad
Good to see you back blogging, KB! We're always interested to read your news....
Keep us posted on the eye surgery - I guess we'll see how this Saturday's appointment goes!
Post a Comment