Well, I guess it’s that time again, where I update you all on my weekend. We had a busy one. (or so it seemed!) We drove to Edmonton on Friday night and went straight to Spruce Grove to see Bob’s parents. Mom made supper and invited us to join them and then Bob and I worked on our taxes. (Dad buys the computer tax program every year!) We did our taxes and we both get a refund, so that is good. After we were done at their house, we went to my parents. My parents are in Lethbridge this weekend, so we just stayed at their house without them.
Saturday we got up and headed out to go shopping. Bob has been trying to find a Nintendo Wii, but had no luck in Red Deer, so we thought maybe we would find it in Edmonton. Well, no luck there either – everyone is sold out! So, we headed to McDonalds and had breakfast there and then just headed back to my parents place. We just hung around the house for a while. There was a Pittsburg (Bob’s favorite team) hockey game at 1pm, so we watched that, and I took a nap :-)
One of the reasons for us going to Edmonton this past weekend was that the Barnes side of the family were getting together as Bob’s Uncle Jim and his girlfriend, Rachel are moving to somewhere (isn’t this bad, I don’t know for sure where) out east and so, the family wanted to get together before they leave. They are moving the end of May. It was a fun time, we got to Grandpa’s around 4 and we ended up staying until about 9pm. It was fun to see that side of the family again. We usually only see them once a year, so it was nice to see them all.
We got back home (Blackfalds) at about 10:30pm and headed straight to bed. Sunday morning, I got up early as I had to run to the grocery store. We were planning to go to the membership lunch after church and I needed to get a couple of items to make my meal. (it was a potluck lunch!) We got to church and it was a baptism Sunday. Bob had taken the baptism class last week and was planning to get baptized in the summer. But, while we were sitting there in church – he looked at me and said he felt that God was calling him to get baptized now. He says he feels like every time it comes up something distracts him from doing it. Needless to say, I was very proud of him. He did a great job. I got one of the guys that had a camera to take pictures for me, and I believe they had someone video taping it. So, hopefully I can get a copy and then I will post it on here or on my photobucket page. I’ll keep you updated.
After church, I ran home to get my food out of the oven and then headed back to church for the membership meeting. As it turned out the membership meeting ended up being just Colin, Lhea, Bob and I. It was just the four of us and then Pastor Dan and his wife Patti. It was good though. After the meeting we headed for home. Bob had invited Colin and Lhea over to play games. (as Sundays are “our” night!) We had to play one more game of castana as both teams had won 3 games a piece. So, they came over for supper (Bob bbq steak!!) and then we played canasta. It was a close game and in the end, the boys won – very sad :-( But, oh well we had to make them feel special.
Yesterday was Monday, so we had Bible Study – I sure do enjoy the time when we get together. They are such a wonderful group of friends. This coming Saturday night is my murder mystery party. I need to get working on my costume, I think I have an idea on what I'm going to wear, but I want to make sure it looks good. I'm to be a "Southern Belle" I am looking forward to it – I can’t wait!! I have to go on Saturday morning and buy the food at Costco and then clean my house. Luckily for me, my husband is a great help in cleaning. :-)
That's all the update I have for now! Sorry this was a long post - hope it didn't bore you too much!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Would you stop with the "I hope I'm not boring you..." - I think you should take it off the top of your blog as well! If we were bored, we wouldn't be checking!! I'm sorry I never asked you much about your weekend, but I'm glad you posted to let us know. Congrats again to Bob! We're so proud of the changes he's making in his life!
It was good to see you at supper - gotta get to bed for tomorrow...
Love you!
I agree with your mother! No way would you bore us :) I love your posts - and I just adore how close your family is. It's such a blessing to read your blog.
It sounds like you had a busy weekend. Sorry the boys beat you at Canasta. Ya'll will get them next time! :)
Post a Comment