I was going to try and post about my weekend yesterday, but our home computer wouldn't connect to the internet and so Bob had to re-install windows!! I had to copy all my pictures onto a CD so, when Bob re-installed I didn't lose my pics!! I hate when our computer acts up!! Oh, well - now I will give you an update on our weekend.
I had a wonderful weekend!! I went up to Edmonton after work on Friday night. (just me as Bob decided to stay home) I got there at about 6:00 (I had left work early!) and Dad was in the middle of making supper. It was very yummy, he did steak and potatoes. (my fav!) After supper, I went to Nola's to get my hair cut and colored! She did such a great job - I love going to her, she has done my hair for so long, that she knows it better then anyone. Also, it helps that we are friends, I love visiting with her and enjoy her friendship!
After I was done getting my hair done, I drove to Mum's work and got to sit with her while she worked for a couple of hours. I think I ended up staying for 2.5 hours, and left just as Mum was going on her break! We had fun - although it was a Friday night, so she was busy, it is fun watching her work. She does her job with such class and so properly, that all the members respect her. I am so proud of you Mumma!! I love spending time with her, I am so blessed that my Mum is also my best friend! I love you Mum!
I got home at about 1:30 and went to bed, Saturday morning Dad woke me up as he and I were going to go for breakfast. My Dad's friend Henk was coming too. Dad had to pick up Henk, so we decided to have breakfast in St. Albert. I brought my own car so, I could just drive home after breakfast. We had a great breakfast - it was lots of fun! Dad and Henk are just so cute - thank you Daddy for breakfast and for the visit - I love spending time with you and I love you so much!!
After breakfast I headed home and got into Blackfalds at about noon. I ended up going straight to the store as I needed to get some food for my murder mystery night. I got all the food and when I got home, Bob had already done most of the cleaning. (have I told you how great my husband is!) We had so much fun - everyone arrived around 6:30 and I was so happy to see that everyone had dressed up!! There were three other couples plus Bob and I. Ed and Lynette, (our small group leaders) Jim and Shelley, (Jim is the "dog catcher") and Darrel and Sue. (who built our house!) I took some pictures of everyone else but Bob and I, but I know Sue took one of us. So, I am hoping to get a copy of it and then post them on here. It was a fun night and now I want to do another one with more friends. I am thinking of hosting another one soon! I'll keep you updated!! After we were done the murder mystery game, we all played 10 pin bowling on the Wii - it was so much fun!
Sunday was another great day! We headed off to church and enjoyed a wonderful service. We even got a cd with pictures from Bob's baptism on it. Also, someone did record it, so I think that is on the cd as well. I was going to try and post it on here from home, but it's a dvd and my computer at home (have I mentioned it sucks!) does not have a dvd drive in it. I don't think my computer here at work has a dvd drive too. So, I might have to wait a little while - believe me as soon as I can, I will post pictures and hopefully the video.
After church we went home as John, (Bob's brother) Corinne and Kiera came for a visit. It was so much fun! Kiera is getting to be such a big girl and is talking so much! Once they arrived, we played the Wii for a little bit and then we headed into town and went to Boston Pizza for lunch. When we were finished we headed back home, where we played Wii and just visited. Also, Corinne is joining our photoblog challenges, so I had to show her how to post pictures on it.
They left around 6:00pm and then about an hour later Colin and Lhea showed up. It seems to be a Sunday tradition now, Colin and Lhea come over. We were going to play games, but Bob was busy trying to get the computer connected to the internet and Lhea and I got watching Apprentice and Amazing Race. So, needless to say, we just watched tv. We for sure are getting together next week as it's the season finale of Amazing Race!!!
Yesterday, we didn't do too much - just worked. After work, we came home, Bob was on the computer for a little while and then around 6:15 we decided to go for a walk. We ended up walking for about an hour. Hudson really enjoyed it and I think decided we are going to try to do it at least 3 times a week. Once we got home, I downloaded all my photos on to cds, so Bob could re-install windows and I went and watched tv.
So, there now you have an update on my weekend, it was a fun one. We have inventory this Friday night, hopefully it won't go too late. I hate inventory!!
Hope everyone else had a good weekend, I felt bad about not posting early but I noticed that some people (Mumma!) haven't blogged in quite a while too. So, I don't feel that bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was fun having U here. Do you know that you are the first one to update today. Good 4 U. Oh guess you can see that we have been on MSN I always use the short (4) instead and (U) for you. it makes it quicker and easier to talk.. Love you a whole bunch.
Well I'm off to the Church to serve the Seniors Lunch. Just went to the Mis and got my blood test done 4 The Cross Cancer Clinic. Have a great day. Oh Benny's wife Ann, Her Mom passed away in Holland Monday morning. They
R flying out today and will be back on May 9th.
Dad
I know, I know, I'm behind in my blog - I'll do it sometime today, I promise!
Boy, it sure was a busy weekend for you, eh? Lots of fun times with family and friends.... That's good. I loved having you with me, even though it was pretty busy and we didn't have time to chat at all. Good ole' summertime! I should take a photo of my comm centre on a Friday night for a photo of spring!! LOL!!
Love you!
Post a Comment