We had a wonderful Easter weekend this past weekend. God is so good to me, not just because He sent Jesus to die on the cross for me, but He also gave me such a wonderful family. It started this past weekend, on Friday morning, Bob and I went to Deer Park Alliance for their Good Friday service. (as our church joins them!) We got their and found out for their Good Friday service they were doing part 2 of a play that they started on Palm Sunday. It was ok, but the one thing I LOVED (and Bob wasn’t too fond of!) was the fact, when we sang worship songs, they sang some of the old hymns! It was so awesome – in fact almost brought a tear to my eyes listening, to songs I remember singing when I was a kid and hearing my Grandmother sing! It was so awesome, I love my church but I loved sitting in this church and singing the old hymns, it made me wish Kentwood would sing more hymns!
Once we got home from Deer Park, my parents and cousin were at our house waiting for us. We had such a fun weekend!! On Friday after they arrived, Mum, Dad and I went to Safeway to pick up what groceries we needed for the weekend and then we came home and just hung out, watched some tv and played some games. (Mum, Dad and I played Yahtzee!!) For supper on Friday night, Mum made roast beef and it was so yummy!! Tanya called at one point and it was nice to talk to her. Saturday was spent just relaxing and at one point, while the boys (Dad, Bob and Hudson) went to the pet store, us girls (Mum, Cass and I – we left Madison at home!) went to Walmart to do a little shopping. Don’t worry; we didn’t come home with much!!
Saturday afternoon while Bob ran out at one point, Dad, Mum, Cass and I played “Disney – Scene It!” It was fun, we did teams and Dad and I won a couple of games and Mum and Cass only managed to win one! (hehe) Then we got talking about how we haven’t seen some Disney movies in a long time, or Dad said he had never seen them. So, we decided to watch “Finding Nemo” then after supper we watched “Mulan”. For supper on Saturday night, Dad made a ham and his “fried potatoes” – once again a yummy meal. Mum and I decided to make a dessert that was in my Kraft cook book that I got in the mail – we made it Saturday night and figured we would eat it Sunday. (as it needed to refrigerate for 6 hours!)
Sunday, we went to church. I love Easter Sunday, just a day where we are reminded of what Jesus did on the cross for us. Thank you so much Jesus and help us to remember how much you love us!! Originally we were going to eat turkey around lunch time, but after a search of the fridge we realized we wouldn’t have enough Tupperware containers or room in the fridge for all the leftovers of turkey. (due to the fact that we still had leftovers from Friday and Saturday!!!) Also, if we did the turkey for lunch, Dad would have had to get up early, so instead Dad and I started it when we got home from church. I was very excited, because I got to help Dad with the stuffing. It was fun to do it with him, – while he showed me the secret of stuffing making, we talked about his childhood and stuff. I sure do love spending time with Dad – he is the best Dad there is!! Once we got the bird in the oven, we watched some C.S.I. and then Cass, Mum and I played some Mario party on Gamecube. We had fun! Bob had invited our friends from church Colin and Lhea over for supper so they arrived and the 7 of us enjoyed Dad’s turkey with all the trimmings!! After supper, we tried our dessert, needless to say, it didn’t turn out exactly as the picture and it wasn’t as hard as we expected. It was still good, but really it was something and nothing all together. Once supper was done, my parents started getting ready to leave and Colin had to run out on a dog call. He was filling in for Jim (the dog catcher that goes to our church!) and he got a call and so he had to go. He took Bob with him. Then once the boys left, my parents and Cass left too. It was hard to say goodbye – I just love spending time with my family and I am so thankful for all the moments we have together!!
Then Lhea and I were by ourselves. (oh, wait – we had Hudson with us!! Haha!) So, we decided to watch Apprentice and then the boys still weren’t home, so we watched Amazing Race. I am so mad at that show!! The one team that I don’t want to win, and is so annoying is still in the race!!! Oh, well. The boys got back to our place around 9:30 – so we finished watching Amazing Race and then Colin and Lhea went home. We will have to have them over again one night this week as we didn’t get time to play canasta while they were here. Once they left, Bob and I headed to bed. As I drifted off to sleep – I remember thanking God for such a wonderful weekend and a wonderful family – He gave me the best!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was a fun time - we really enjoyed it! And I still don't think the tie-breaker on Scene-It counted - we need to have another round next time we meet!!
Love you!
Ya Kristy it was a great weekend. I thought that we won the tie breaker fair and square didn't we? Oh and we had a good laugh because I couldn't remember some of my uncle's names. Is that sad or what? Oh well maybe the family was too big eh? Don't worry Kristy I'll write them all down for you.Soon as I remember. Anyway we had fun and I enjoyed it. Love you sweetie.
Dad
Post a Comment