This weekend, I got to spend all weekend with my parents! I love them both so much and enjoyed every minute together
Dad met me at our place around 5:30pm on Friday and we drove to Edmonton. It had been raining all day in Red Deer and the rain just continued all the way back to Edmonton. In fact at one point, by Ponoka it looked like snow coming down and not rain!!!!
We got back to Mum and Dad’s at about 7pm just as Mum was coming home from work. We had been in touch with her when we first got into town and she picked up Taco Bell for supper. I was very excited as we don’t have a Taco Bell in Red Deer and it’s my favorite!! After supper, we watched the DVD of Bob’s baptism. Then, Mum and I ran out and picked up my cousin Cass and she came over for a visit. I am so excited for her, she is going to YWAM in September in Chile and she will get to go and live with Mandy and Jorge. We were talking about it on Friday night, and she said Mandy had emailed her the other day, and told her that she found flights on Expedia for $1300.00. That is a really good price, so we decided to check it out for ourselves, sure enough we found one!! We decided to book it for her. I am so excited for Cass, she’s going to have so much fun – I am so proud of you Cass! After we booked her flight, we ended up watching a movie. I have to admit my eyes closed for a couple of minutes toward the end of the movie. Then it was midnight, so we took Cass home.
Saturday we woke up and just did stuff around the house, and then Dad decided to run to Canadian Tire and Mum and I went to Walmart. I am so jealous their Walmart is becoming a “Super Walmart” so they are getting the full grocery section and all the other goodies!! It’s going to be so big once they finish it. We bought a couple of things and then headed for home. When we got home, Mum and I watched some episodes of Corner Gas, while we watched it, Dad was making lunch / supper. He ended making really yummy bbq. He made some potatoes and onions with some yummy seasonings and then he bbq-ed steak. It was so good, thanks Dad!!
After lunch/supper, I got the opportunity to go with Mum to her work. She was working night shift and I decided to tag along. I had lots of fun – I love watching Mum work! She does her job so good and all the other operators and the members appreciate all the work she does for them. I’m so proud of you Mumma! I ended up staying for her entire shift, it started at 6:30pm, and we left around 4:30am. I have to say, by 2:00am, I was starting to get tired, but I made it! I will tell you that by the time I got home I was tired and ended up sleeping until 11:30am on Sunday. I really didn’t think I would sleep in that late.
Sunday, after we got up – I felt bad for Mum, she hadn’t slept at all. She took her pills on Saturday morning, and then couldn’t sleep when we got home from work. Sunday afternoon, we went to a wedding shower for Kaley Edwards at the church. She’s getting married in June. We had a good time, there were quite a few ladies that I hadn’t seen in a while! It was really good to catch up with them all. God sure put some awesome ladies into my life - I am thankful for each and everyone of them.
After the shower, we came home, Mum was suppose to go to work, but seeing she hadn’t slept in over 24 hours, she decided not to go. She just wouldn’t be able to work on only a couple of hours of sleep. We decided to watch “A Night at the Museum” – it was funny! After the movie, Mum and I felt ice cream calling our names, so we made a run to DQ and got there at 8:55 and they were already closing up. We told them all we wanted was ice cream, (and truth be told they still had 5 minutes before closing!) so, they let us buy some. Then we came home and we (Dad now joined us) watched “Extreme Makeover – Home Edition”. Dad and I watched Iron Chef and then we all went to bed. (Mum had gone to bed during Iron Chef)
Monday morning, Mum and I were out of the house by 6:30am as my dentist appointment was at 8am in Red Deer. We got to the office at one minute to 8! Well, it went a lot easier then I thought, the surgeon didn’t even look at my teeth, he just looked at the x-ray and told me what they were going to do. For those of you who don’t know, I need to get all four of my wisdom teeth out! I am really nervous, I don’t like the dentist and the thought of having all four out, doesn’t sound great, but I guess might as well do them while I still have insurance and also, before we go to Africa. They are not bothering me, but I guess better to take them out before they start bothering me. The doctor asked if I wanted to be knocked out – OH YES!! For sure, what a silly question! Needless to say, you can pray for me. I am going on June 6th, and the doctor said I will have to take off work the Thursday and the Friday after too. Which is nice, but then he also said I will probably be in a lot of pain! I am looking forward to being off work, but I am not looking for all the pain I am going to be in!!
After the dentist, Mum and I went out to breakfast. It was nice, just my Mummy and me. I am so thankful for her. Both her and Dad mean the world to me. I am so thankful for my parents. After breakfast, Mum dropped me off at work and then headed back to Edmonton. After work last night, we had Bible Study, I know I have said it before, but I am going to say it again. I am so thankful for our friends! God has blessed me so much through them! We had a good night!
If I could ask a prayer request from everyone. We are in the midst of getting ready to go to South Africa (in September) and in order to go, we need to get a “study visa” from the South African government. We have been working on that, but in order to get that, we need to get a criminal check, medical forms, some shots and quite a few different things, so you can be praying that we get them all we need and we get them in time for us to get them in and still get our visas.
Tonight is Tuesday, and I am going to the church for Ladies Prayer Night. I have never been before, but God has started to show me that He wants me to go and get involved. I am looking forward to it, as I do love to pray.
Talk to you all later and to quote my sister sorry my post is “long-fingered!!” LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It was good to have a "long-fingered" blog from you, KB! Thanks for filling in my memory lapses of the weekend - LOL. We sure had fun (as always) but I feel like we're due for an antique auction soon as well!
We're praying for you as you get all your forms together for the visas...God will work it out!
Love you! Thanks for coming to work with me!!
Hi Kristy,
I love hearing all your news and I am so excited for you about Africa.
I'm praying for you and Bob!
Thanks Kristy for a full report. Your write like your sisters. Makes me read all of it. We did have a fun weekend even if I only saw you part of the time. I love you and Bob and you know I am praying for you both everyday.
I love you .
Dad
The best thing after getting wisdom teeth out- small bags of frozen peas for your face! i got the smae thing you are getting and between the peas and tylenol, it wasn't too bad. If they really hurt ask the surgeon about having clove packs put into the holes - they really do help!
Post a Comment