Saturday, August 04, 2007

Hello from Washington.....USA!

Yes, that is correct, we are in Spokane Washington! As I wrote on my last post, our friends, Nan and Scott were going to be coming down here with another couple of friends of ours. Cory and Wendy - and on Thursday when Bob and I made it into Red Deer and we ran into Cory and he invited us to come along. Now, those of you that know me well, know that I HATE spur of the moment decisions, I like to think everything through and make the best decision. Well, we ran into Cory at about 2pm, and he said they were leaving at 5pm, and if we wanted to come we would be more then welcome, although he wasn't sure if there was still room in the hotel they had booked in Spokane as they said they were filling up fast when they booked their room.


So, after about half an hour, Bob had talked me into going and we headed to some place where we could get connected to the internet to see about a hotel room. We ended up going to the church and using one of their computers. Bob found the phone number for the hotel (Econo Lodge) and found out that they indeed had 1 room left. So, Bob and I booked it and they we called my parents and Bob's to let them know we would be out of the country (sounded funny to say) for 4 days. We are getting back on Monday.


Well, I have to tell you all, I am so blessed by these four friends. We have had such a good time and such fun memories! The only thing that sucks is Bob and I were looking forward to "Outlet Mall" shopping and the only one closest to here sucks! We went to it today and it only had about 6 stores and 3 were clothes shops!! Apparently the next closest one is about 3 hours away, and I don't think people are prepared to go that far. Tonight, we went to Target and a couple of others, and then after supper at about 9:30, we took Nan and Scott to their first ever trip to Super Walmart!!! Love the 24 hours thing!! We ended up staying there for about two hours!!
Some of there stuff was awesome priced!


The plan for tomorrow (or actually today I guess it is now....) we are going to do some more shopping! Shop til you drop! I think that's the moto for this trip. Then on Sunday, Cory arranged and we are going to rent a boat and go tubing for the afternoon. Should be lots of fun!


Well, I am going to go now, Bob is sound asleep in bed, and I am getting tired! Night!!

4 comments:

Floyd said...

Hi love. Sounds like you guys are having fun and that's the thing that should happen with friends. Drive safe and Laugh a lot. I sure do love you guys and am glad that you are enjoying your trip with your friends. Mum is still sleeping and I should be. (sigh) God is good. Love yo both.
Dad

Buffy Close said...

Say hello to my in-laws while you are there!

Wendy said...

Awww...sorry about the shopping thing! Oh, well, think of the money you're saving...LOL. Have fun and see you Monday!!

Love you!
Mum

Anonymous said...

Hey Kb,
I am so glad that you are having a good time in Washington! I am so proud of you, being so spontaneous! LMBO, Hey it's great that you guys are able to spend thi time with your friends before you head out, and it's a good thing to start being spontaneous, you may need that when you are in South Africa;) Love you lots and am glad you guys are havng fun!

Talk to you soon!!
Mandy

 
Designed by Lena