Hi everyone,
Here it is 1am (England time) and I just wanted to let you all know that we arrived safe and sound. The flight over was good, nothing too exciting! I managed to sleep most of the way (in hour long increments) and Bob didn't sleep much at all, I think he only got about 3 hours in. They served us supper on the plane around 9:30ish and then they played two movies. Just so you know Mum and Dad, we must have gotten an older plane as the movie was played on the big screen at the front.....we didn't have our own tv's! (like you said we would....hehe) We also got breakfast on the plane!
The one thing that really sucked was about half way there my skin started to get irrated and it stayed like that the whole way. My arms were swollen and really itchy, as was my legs. The only thing I can think was when I had supper they had a salad dressing that I wasn't quite sure what was in it, and I think I had a small allegric reaction to something in it. Needless to say, I got some benedryl and it took it all down.
When we arrived at the airport around noon and we collected our luggage and headed off to find the bus. We found it and the bus left right on time at 1:50pm, we arrived in Southampton at around 3:30pm. Uncle Pat and Aunty Mary arrived about 5 minutes later and we were off to their house. We got there in time for afternoon tea and just visited for a while. I ended up having a shower as my skin was so irrated....then we had supper and Uncle Pat had his "singers" practice and so while Bob slept on the couch Aunty and I visited for a while. Around 8pm I was getting so tired and Bob was already alseep so, I decided to turn in for the night. Bob and I went and slept and now here it is 1:30am and we are both awake. We found out that someone has unsecured network so we logged into it. :-) I love laptops!
Anyway, we are here safe and sound, thanks everyone for your prayers!
Tomorrow (or this morning) Mum's cousin, Margaret is picking us up and we are spending the day with her. Then coming back home for supper. Uncle Pat and Aunty Mary's son, David and his son are coming tomorrow night for supper, so it will be nice to visit with them. Then Friday is Uncle Pat's birthday and so we are going out to supper. That is also the day Uncle Derrick is picking us up and we are going to go and see Aunty Ruth for tea. Saturday will just be spent visiting and then Saturday night, Aunty Mary has arranged for a little party, so we can see some of the relatives. She has also said we will go visit Aunty Joyce for tea on Saturday.
So, we've got a busy three days here until we head to London on Sunday morning. Don't know if I will be able to blog again before then, so if not, maybe once we get to South Africa. We leave London for South Africa on Monday night. (it's a 10 hour flight!!)
Take care and hope everyone is doing well. Love you all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so glad you got there OK!! I miss you already - keep the blogs coming!
Good to hear you got there and that everything went well! KB, can you believe that we are aunties again!!! I talked to Tanya today and she said that everything went good and she was nursing Isabella, safe in her arms....aaawwwww. Anyways, love you lots and hope you have a great time in England. Please send my love to everyone even though I dont really know them, hehe but tell Uncle Pat and Aunt Mary that if the invitation is still open, Jorge and I will be the next ones to come for a visit! Love you guys!
Mandy
It sounds like everyone's got your days planned - that's so nice... Sorry about the movie screens - I haven't had those kind for a long time! Glad you got there safely on that *old* plane!! LOL!! God is good...
As Mandy says, she phone Tanya earlier and talked to her. We tried, after the birth, to call you! It was gonna be perfect, 'cause you'd be the only people who Tanya could actually call at 2:30 in the morning (9:30 your time)!! I got Uncle Pat's phone # but my cell would not let me do it and neither would the hospital phones... Maybe when you get a chance, if you want to talk to Tan, you can call either her cell or mine...
Have fun!!
Post a Comment