It is Sunday afternoon and I thought I would quickly blog.
We are now back in Jeffreys Bay!! Yipee!! We took the bus from Worcester on Friday night. The bus was suppose to leave at around 4pm and as it turned out, the bus was an hour late! So, we ended up leaving around 5:10! This bus was more crowded then the one on the way down. The bus drive again was long and we arrived back into Jeffreys Bay at around 12:30am!! I sat with my brother, Sicelo. It was a good time, as I got to know him better. He is from Port Elizabeth, South Africa and is 22 years old. I enjoyed sitting with him and learn more about his family. I was tired, but didn't think I was going to sleep but at one point, I remember putting my head down and the next thing I remember Sicelo was waking me up and telling me we were at one of the stops! I think I slept for about 2 hours!!
It is so nice to be back in Jbay! I enjoyed Worcester, but it's not as nice as Jbay. The base was a lot bigger too. I think they have like 4 different schools there at one time. They have Family school, English school, the DTS and SBS.
Yesterday, Bob and I slept until 8:30am and then we went to the laundry mat. We spent the morning just relaxing around the house. Around 1pm the girls from the base, came by and invited me to lunch. Bob and I had already decided we were going to go for lunch and so I asked if it was ok if Bob came. The girls responded that Bob was almost like "one of the girls" so he came with us. Bob told the girls that they had to include him in, as he can shop better then most of the girls!! LOL We all agreed Bob was correct, it was fun to have him along!
After lunch, Bob and I just came back and hung around the house. Then in the evening, Mark (one of the leaders) picked up Bob and I and we went to Checkers. (which is a grocery store) Bob wanted to buy some food for his small group on Monday night (we are in different small groups and his group is having a bbq on Monday) and I wanted to look at some food for Wednesday. On Wednesday nights we have "Family Night" at the base, where the whole base gets together for supper and the students get to cook. This week - I am doing supper. I am still not sure what I am going to make.
This morning I went to church on the base, it is all in Afrikaans. But one of the guys on our team attends this church, so he translated it for me. Bob went to another church with some of the others, that is english speaking. Afterwards Bob and I went out to lunch and then we came back here, Bob was putting some music on Matthias' (another brother! - I have a lot of new brothers!!) MP3 player and I have been on Facebook, talking to my sister (Tan - I love you!) and to my parents on msn. I sure do love my family! It was great to talk to all of you!!
Well, I think I am going to go, I am going to church tonight with some of the students. Take care everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It was good to talk to you this a.m., KB - lol at Bob being "one of the girls" - ha ha....yup, he's a good shopper!!
Love you!
Post a Comment