Saturday, November 17, 2007

McDonalds....a little piece of Heaven

Ok, I admit it....I had McDonalds today for lunch, and after not having it for the past three months it was so yummy!! I never knew grease could taste that good!! haha

Today is Saturday and Bob, Denzil and I drove (Ok, Denzil drove, Bob and I were just along for the ride!) to Port Elizabeth today to do some shopping. Bob wanted to get a couple of items and I wanted to look for a long skirt for outreach. Well, thank the Lord, we got the items we were looking for! Around lunch time, I saw McDonalds and we went through the drive thru and then headed back for Jbay. (as I had a meeting time with Mum and Dad on Sykpe at 3pm) We quickly stopped in Uitenhage to see if Denzil could see his boys, but they weren't home. So, we continued on our way home!

It is such a beautiful drive! I just love South Africa!! When we arrived back in the outskirts of Jbay, I thought to myself, I can't wait to show Mum and Dad Jbay in March - there is just something about this place that is absolutly breath-taking! God is so good; bringing Bob and I to this beautiful place!

The song that I sing to God when I walk around this beautiful place, is:

"Lord, you are more precious then silver,
Lord, you are more costly then gold,
Lord you are more beautiful then diamonds,
And nothing I desire compares to you!"

We got back to our room, showered and then headed here (the internet cafe) - Mum and Dad met me on Sykpe, it's 6am there and 3pm here. We have just finished our talk, I think we talked for about an hour and 45 minutes. But it was so good to talk to them. To share with them all the stuff God is working on in our lives. Dad and Mum, I love you so much!

Tonight our school has been invited to our leader, Dan and Melivina's house for supper. It is at 5:30 and here it is now 4:50, so I guess I should go. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Love you all!

2 comments:

Floyd said...

Hi sweetie. It was good talking to you again. What would we do without web cams, MSN, internet and phones eh? I sure do miss you. You sure looked pretty on the web cam. I love you sooooooooo much. Tell Bob I miss him too.

Wendy said...

We'll have to do that more often. Thanks for bringing that chorus back to my mind...there are so many good ones in the past...

Love you, babe!

 
Designed by Lena