...for another update!
Well, I know it's been a couple of days, sorry! To start my time in Picture Butte with my family was good...it is always good to spend time with them. Mum and I painted the spare bedroom and I'm happy to report, it was exactly what she wanted and we were so pleased with how it turned out. It looks so awesome!! Good job Mumma!
I left Picture Butte on Wednesday morning at 10am, and arrived in Calgary at 12:50 and was suppose to leave at 1. Well, wouldn't you know it...there was something wrong with our bus...needless to say, 45 minutes later we were pulling out of Calgary!! I just don't have good luck with buses being on time I guess. The good news was the weather was good and so the driver made up for the lost time and we pulled into Red Deer at 3:15, which was only half an hour later then expected! It was good to see Bob, I missed him lots!
Wednesday night we went to supper at our friends, Cory and Wendy's house. It was such a nice visit, we ended up visiting until 11:15pm!! Needless to say, Thursday morning both Bob and I slept in. Thursday was spent just relaxing around the house. Then today (Friday) I went to my friends Julia's house for coffee in the afternoon. I love spending time with her, she is such a blessing in my life. Then around 5pm we headed over to Nan and Scott's house to watch the Penguins hockey game. Both Bob and Nan are Pittsburg fans, it was fun! I love a good hockey game, and to make the night complete, Pittsburg won! Then after the game, Scott said he was craving ice cream, so he and I (and their two kids, Grace and Liam) headed over to Dairy Queen and picked up some ice cream!! Sure was good! Then around 9 - Bob and I headed home.
Tomorrow we are heading off bright and early for Edmonton. I am going to the Ladies Breakfast at Beulah with some friends and Bob is just going to putz around while I am there, then we are heading back out to Spruce Grove as we made a mistake with our taxes and need to make the necessary changes. Then Bob's best friend, Jared and his wife, have invited us over for supper, so that will be fun. It makes for a long day. We are heading back to Red Deer after supper as on Sunday in church Bob and I are speaking for about 10 minutes about our time in South Africa and sharing where God is leading us.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love reading your updates... I hope you have a good time in Edmonton - I sure wish I could have been at the Celebration breakfast with you - maybe next month...
Love you! Have fun and say "hi" to everyone for me!!
Mum
Post a Comment