Monday, April 14, 2008

A long but good day

Today was a very good day!

It started off, we went to church this morning. I always feel so awesome after being in church - I just love the people of our church and I love spending time with God. It's pretty much a win, win situation, being surrounded with friends and God at the same time.

After church we headed off to Spruce Grove. First we made a small stop in Devon to see Bob's brother, sister-in-law and niece. It was good to see them. I wanted to pick up our dvds (we stored lots of stuff at their house when we moved) and so we visited for a little while. Man, our niece is just so cute. She's three years old, and talks so much! She is just the cutest little thing. The one thing that I was reminded while I was there, was my allergy to cats. See - they have 2 cats, one of them was our cat, Jazz. While I had forgotten how much she sheds! I couldn't believe it, when we were done at their house, I looked down at my right hand (I had been petting Jazz with that hand) and it was all red and swollen and had huge hives on it!! So, I guess it's correct to presume that my allergy to cats is still valid! haha

When we were done visiting with them, we headed off to Spruce Grove - to visit Bob's parents and do our taxes. Well, we had a great time visiting with them and Bob managed to do our taxes! Another win, win for the day! Also, the four of us went out to supper, so that was really nice. I love spending time with Bob's parents! (I have the best in-laws!)

After we were done supper, we headed off to Beulah. My sister and brother-in-law were putting on an information night regarding where God is leading them in the next three to five years. There were lots of people there I hadn't seen in a long time. It was so good for us to be there, to connect with people that we haven't seen in a while. All and all it was a great night, Mandy and Jorge did a great job! After they were done with their presentation, one of the Pastors got up, and then they did a cute little farwell thing for Mum and Dad! My parents had no idea, so it was a nice surprise for them. Bob and I had planned to leave early as we had to drive, (while Bob drives, I just sit and sometimes sleep!) but by the time we were done talking to everyone, I looked at the clock and it was 10:30!! So, needless to say, we left shortly after.

Bob drove good and we are now back safe and sound in Red Deer. Getting ready to start our week. Tomorrow night, the care group were in when we left is meeting so, I'm excited as we are going to that. Then on Wednesday night The African Children's Choir is coming to our church for a concert...I need to get my African fix!! haha Just kidding! They have asked us to help with the stage setup and a few things so, we are going to do that. Other then that, we are just going to start calling people and hopefully just meeting with friends this week.

Well, it's late and my pillow is calling my name, so good night everyone!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena