Hi Everyone...here it is Saturday night, and we are sitting in our "condo" for the week in Las Vegas watching Pittsburg and Detriot play a hockey game..(hoping Pittsburg will win!) and I thought I would quickly blog :-)
We have had a great time so far, we ended up leaving Red Deer at 2:00am (yes you read right!) on Friday morning. Bob and I had gone out to Karlene and Sara's for supper on Thursday night then after we headed over to Cory and Wendy's with the plan to spend the night and leave early Friday morning. When we got there we just spent time hanging out and Cory and Wendy were getting all the "last minute" details. Then someone...(I think it was Bob!) sugguested if we left then we could be in the States a lot faster!!! So, we ended up leaving at 2:00am.!!
We drove all night and all day yesterday. I actually was able to drive for a while and it was so nice. I drove all the way through Idaho and then until we got to Salt Lake City! I really enjoyed it, at one point I looked and all three of my passangers were fast asleep and I thought to myself.."Wow, they must all trust me as they are all sleeping!" LOL
We ended up stopping in Mesquite, NV and spent the night at the Casablanca Resort. (sound familar, Mum & Dad?) We arrived there around 9pm and went; had supper and then we were going to go in the pool, but it was closed, so we went back to the room and just hung out!
This morning we got up and headed out at around 10:30 and after stopping for breakfast and a quick Wal Mart stop, we arrived in Las Vegas around 1:30! We couldn't check into our room yet so we just drove around; drove down the strip and just drove for a while. We made a stop at Target and then headed to find somewhere to eat for lunch/supper.
Now, we are just hanging out...I think I wanna go check out the pool! Oh, I guess I should also mention here...it is so hot outside, it was 37 today!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah...I'm SURE the 2 a.m. idea was Bob's!! LOL. He's a lot like me in that area - why do it later if you can do it now?? ha ha.
Awww...the Casablanca!! So much fun! The pool there is awesome, it's too bad it was closed but I'm sure you'll make up for it over the next week!
Love you!
Post a Comment