Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Visiting Family & Friends In BC

Hello from Vernon, BC!

We drove here on Friday afternoon and arrived around 6pm. We met up with Bob's friend, Terryn. (they have been friends since they were little!) She was working at the farmers market so we went and visited with her. We ended up staying with Terryn and her boyfriend, Graeme all weekend. On Saturday afternoon we went with Terryn to Kelowna to the farmers market and helped her sell her product. (she makes all natural teas, deodorant and chapstick) She also makes these cookies that in my opinion, are the best cookies I have ever tried!! They are called "Kitchen sink cookies" and they are so yummy! Terryn says they are called kitchen sink, because they have everything but the kitchen sink in them!

On Sunday afternoon we headed on to Chase...which is an hour and a half drive from Vernon. We arrived in Chase around 4pm, and headed over to Bob's cousin Richard's house. Richard and his wife, Stephanie have three daughters, Taylor (4), Kylie (2) and Mckayla (1 month). They are such cute girls! We had lots of fun with them. I really had a great time with Steph, she and I are lots alike and so we had lots laughs. Yesterday (Tuesday) she and I took the younger two girls and went to Kamloops and did some shopping, it was loads of fun and we managed to find some new clothes! Also, while we were in Chase we were able to visit with Uncle Harry and Aunty Mary, which was nice. Last night Bob's cousin, Elizabeth came over for a visit. It was so nice just to sit and chat! It was so nice just to sit and visit!

This morning we headed back to Vernon, which is where we are now. We came to help Terryn with her cookies and other products for her farmers market.Tomorrow we are meeting up with Isabelle and Isaiah!! (We haven't seen them since July, and I can't wait to see them!!) We are staying with them until next week Tuesday and then heading back to Alberta. We are going to stop in Picture Butte for about 4 days as I want to go and see my family and my new little nephew!

Well, it's getting late and I'm getting tired, so I am going to end this post!

2 comments:

Floyd said...

Hi Babe. Sounds like you are on the move all the time eh? Glad your having fun.Guess we'll see you on Wed. next week right? love you sweetie.. Tell Bob I love him too.
dad

Wendy said...

I agree with Dad - sounds like you're having fun!!

Jorge, Mandy and Josiah came home today...it's good to have them here. See you next week...I'm hoping to blog tomorrow!!

Love you!!

 
Designed by Lena