Just wanted to let you all know we arrived safe and sound back in Jeffreys Bay!
Our flights were good...long but good; we arrived on Friday afternoon and were greeted by Mark and his two daughters Simone and Roxzanne. I was excited to see them, but even more excited when our friend Ashley, jumped out of no where and surprised me!! It was so good to see her, I just started to cry!
Once Mark picked us up, he had some errands he had to run in Port Elizabeth (that is where we got picked up) so, we just sat and visited with the girls. It is good to be back! Once we arrived back in Jbay, we went and looked at two different apartments. They are in the same complex but one is a little bigger then the other. BUT...the smaller one get way more sunlight then the other one, the larger one gets absolutely no sunlight....each one has two bedrooms (anyone coming to visit??) and one and half bath. After looking at them both, we decided we wanted a little time to think about it. We went back to the place we are staying for the next week. (Mum, Dad, it's the same place we stayed when you were here!)
We showered, changed and then headed out...one of the guys from our DTS, Joe (now doing his SBS) was playing (he plays guitar) at one of the local restaurants so Bob and I went down to see him play and when we got there...all our friends were there! It was so awesome to see everyone. God is so good to bring us back, where we know we have family and friends!
After visiting with everyone for a little while, Mark, his wife Marchelle, Bob, Ashley and I went out for supper. Then when we were done, we went back to the SBS house and visited with friends for a little while. Once we were done there, we were going to go back to the place we are staying, but first we walked over to Dan and Mella's house. They were our leaders for our DTS. It was so good to see them and we ended up staying for quite a while. Then we headed to bed around 10. We had a good sleep and I slept in this morning. Bob was wide awake at 7am!!
Today, we just hung around with friends. It was fun. We even walked to the beach...although it's winter here, so I had to wear jeans, so I didn't even get to dip my toes into the ocean!! Soon..that is on my list!
If everyone could just pray for us, we need to get lots of stuff for the apartment and we are praying we get good deals. Hopefully we can get in our apartment soon and then we can post pictures for everyone to see :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad to hear that you made it safe and sound!
Glad you made it. I am jealous already of the ocean thing and the traveling thing and yeah...praying for you!
I'm glad you arrived safe and sound and that you're already feeling back "at home" with your friends there - God is good. How wonderful that, no matter where we may travel, we fit in with His family.
Miss and love you both!
Mum
Hey!
I am glad to hear that you made it safe and sound! I can not wait to arrive and hear of all of your adventures. I know you are all praying for us, and that is so exciting to know! Just got to make sure everything works out with the visa, and then I am set to go! (=
Post a Comment