Saturday, August 23, 2008

Giggles - South Africa


Well, tonight was the 1st Giggles - South Africa and it was so much fun! I am here to tell you we had a great night! Thank you to each lady that came and made it a fun event!
We had 13 ladies there, including myself and started off the evening with prayer. We then had quick game of getting to know each other..each lady took a skittle or two, and each color represented a question. What ever colour they choose decided on what question they received.
After the game, I shared with the ladies what and why I started the group. Just sharing with them, what God laid on my heart. Then we did a quick little encouragment for Ashley. She has been in Jbay since our school, (she did DTS with Bob and I) and she has been helping on the base, she has also been filming a documentary on people living with aids, so she has been working on that the last couple of months. She is heading back to Detroit on Monday, and so we made encouragment cards for her, so she can read and remember her time in Jbay.
Once we were done, we played the game Apples to Apples. It was lots of fun. We just all sat in a circle on the floor and played. It was so much fun! We ended up playing for about an hour, and in the end, Simone won! When we were done, we prayed for Ashley and for our group, then we cleaned the church and headed for home.
All and all, it was a wonderful night. Thank you God for my friends and for the fun time we had tonight. I am blessed! Before we left, we managed to get a picture of all of us, so we can remember the first event, I can't wait to see where God is going to take this group! I am so excited!!



The first Giggles - South Africa photo!!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I'll comment even though I can't see the pictures from my work computer!

I'm glad you had a good night - hopefully, it was the first of many more!!

Love you,
Mum

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

this is an amazing lady's group! Hopefully one day I'll be able to see it in its full glory!

FriendOfGod said...

A huuuggge thank you to Kristy for starting this, I had so much fun, beautiful ladies that love the Lord just hanging out and having fun...How cool is that?? My friend Tersha also enjoyed it so much..just taking some time out from our busy schedules..Looking forward to our next meeting!!
God is gonna grow this, and its gonna be BIG!!!

Listening With a Heart of Faith said...

Kristy! I finally read some of you blog...only about a year behind, but here I am! So proud of you that you followed your heart...and happy you had so much fun with our group that it has now followed you to South Africa! I guess I'll have to change our group name to GIGGLES-Red Deer! :) I hope that your group continues to grow in numbers, friendship and love!

 
Designed by Lena