Here it is Friday morning. (and a beautiful morning I might add!) The sun is shinning and everything in Jeffreys Bay is perfect! We had a wonderful time in Capetown with Ed and Lynette! It was so exciting to meet them and even more exciting spending time with them. The four of us had a great time exploring Capetown. They arrived on Monday afternoon. Bob and I had never been to the Capetown airport before, so Bob wanted to leave especially early to make sure we got there in time. Needless to say, we were two hours early!! Two hours of waiting just isn't fun...but we made the most of it. Ed, Lynette and their 4 BIG pieces of luggage arrived around 2:30pm. From there we headed down to the V & A Waterfront and just walked around. It was a beautiful day! Then we ended up heading back to our resort; we stayed at the Goudini Spa Resort (they give YWAMer's a discount).
On Tuesday morning we got up bright and early as we were heading to Robben Island and had to catch the 9am ferry. We thought we would grab something for breakfast in Capetown. See Goudini is in Worcester which is 45 minutes from Capetown. We ended up leaving around 6:30 and got caught in early morning rush hour traffic!! Not fun!! We laughed about it at first but then as the clock ticked and it got closer and closer to 8:45 (we were told the they closed the ferry 15 minutes before 9!) So, as we pulled into the parking lot at 8:43!! Luckily we had scouted out the day before where to park and where the entrance to the ferry was! Ed and Lynette went running out seeing if they could stop the ferry while Bob and I parked the car and then met up with them. Luckily we made it in time and got on the ferry! Robben Island was really cool - so much information and dates! They have new tours every three hours on the island, so as we were getting off the ferry...the captain said; make sure you get back on the ferry at noon, we don't want to leave anyone behind! After our time on Robben Island we headed back to the waterfront and found somewhere to eat as we were all starved at that time, as we had nothing to eat all morning.
We found a Thai place and had lunch there. It was Bob's idea and it was a really good idea...the food was really yummy! We walked around for a little while (had a Haagen-Dazs ice cream!) and then just window shopped. Then around 3; we headed over to Table Mountian. Wow - what a beautiful view! I can't wait to post pictures on Facebook for you to see. (hopefully soon!)
Wednesday morning we headed over to Boulder Beach - which is where the penguins are. Then we also went to Capepoint. Both were beautiful - in fact we had such great weather the whole time we were in Capetown. We then headed back to Worcester and ended up stopping in Simon's Town for lunch.
Thursday morning we left bright and early and headed back to Jeffreys Bay! We stopped a couple times on the way - it was a nice drive. We arrived back home around 4ish and we just hung around the house and then at 7pm was the September DTS grad! It was such a great grad! The DTS did so good! I was so proud of all of them!! I am going to miss them all so much - but it has been so awesome to see God working in all their lives. When we arrived home it was close to 10pm and so I turned on the laptop and was able to catch my sister, Mandy on line....the two of us talked for a while; which was nice cause I haven't talked to her in a while. I also got her to plug in her web cam so I could see my cute little nephew just for a few minutes!!! Mandy was waiting for my parents to arrive. As this weekend my cousin, Cassy is getting married and so the whole family is heading to Edmonton for the weekend. (how I wish I could be there, just for the day!! Snif, snif!! OK - don't get me started!!)
Today we are just going to relax - I think we are going to take Ed and Lynette to the Lion Park. Then just hang around Jbay! Gotta go for a walk on the beach as well - show off the beautiful Jbay beach! Well - everyone is now up and so I guess I have to go. I am going to try and post pictures on Facebook here, probably not until after the weekend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow...you went up Table Mountain as well as Robben Island!! I can't wait to see the photos!
Love you! I'm so glad you are having a great time with Ed and Lynette...
Post a Comment