Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Last week in Mauritius

This is is our last week in Mauritius, and I am trying not to think of it! I am going to miss this place so much, the people and the island itself. I really have been blessed being here. I love lots about this island, I could go on and on about how much I love it here, but I know you are all here to read some news so I will get on with that.

We have been doing great as a team, we have been quite busy. This past Saturday we had 4 ministries in one day! We had a children's and youth ministry's in the morning and then in the afternoon we went to a youth rehabilitation center for under 18 years old. (we did one program with the girls and one program with the boys) It was an awesome time, we were able to just hang out with them, sing some songs, preformed some dramas and at the end, we prayed for them. Sunday we had church ministry, then after we had to do a 1 hour youth service. On Monday we went to a home for disabled people. Men, women and children. The youngest one was 2 and the oldest was 60. We had such an awesome time with them. The one little boy, he kept lifting our shirts to make sure we were wearing belts! It was so funny, we did some crafts with some of them, so you would be making a craft and all of the sudden you would feel your shirt go up and he would feel your belt and then walk away!! haha

On this coming Saturday afternoon (morning for your in Alberta - we are 10 hours ahead of you!), we are heading back to South Africa for the remainder of our 4 weeks of outreach. We will be heading to Tarkastad. I believe it is about 4 hours away from Jbay. Please keep us as a team in your prayers. For safe traveling mercies as we fly. Also, pray that we will be keep going strong for God. We are excited and not really sure what to expect in Tarkastad, one of the guys from Jbay has been arranging all the necessary things for ministry. Graduation for this school is July 2nd, I can't believe how fast this last month has flown by! I'm sure the next month will go just as fast!

Well sorry to make this a short post, but I have to get ready to start the day. I think I am going to walk and buy bread for breakfast. I have to go into town to do this. I have also uploaded some new pictures of Mauritius on my facebook.

(PS - I am now a red head! Last week some of the girls were dying their hair and so, I did it too!)

3 comments:

Floyd said...

I like A Red head named Kristy. I love you Babe.

Wendy said...

I'm sure you will miss the island and people of Mauritius. The Lord has been good to allow you to participate in His work there.

I laughed about the little boy and his belt-quest? Did he not have one?

We'll look forward to hearing more of your journey to your new "mission"....

Love you!
Mum

Anonymous said...

Shalalalalaaaaa :-(
Kristy big sista, so sad you're leaving so fast. you've been such a blessing for me. Bob will miss me a lot. but am sure will see very soon whether in jbay or Mauritius. The world is so small.....so will be easy to catch you too somewhere.... my friends .... keep sending update of what God doing in your life.... and i will do such thing tooo... Better later i will share few stuff with you.... Love a big you 2 blessing person... :-) Manu

 
Designed by Lena