Well....I have been home in Alberta for almost 4 days now and loving it!!
I arrived on Tuesday afternoon, Bob spoiled me and bought me my favorite drink of all time, "Dairyland" chocolate milk!! I know it sounds crazy, but the chocolate milk just isn't as good in South Africa! The first night I was wide awake at 3am and stayed awake until 5am! Poor Bob is going through jet lag with me as he woke up and stayed awake with me the whole time. Then the next night I was up again in the middle of the night!
Wednesday afternoon, we went and visited my sister, Mandy and my cute little nephew Josiah. It was such a good visit, even if Josiah did play shy around me!! LOL Cory and Wendy came home Wednesday afternoon (we were staying at their place) and it was so good to see them again! They always make me laugh - I love my friends! For supper we all headed over to the church. Our missionary friends, Jesse and Jenny (who we were suppose to go visit on outreach) are up for a week and so the church had a potluck night with them. It was lots of fun - we got to see some of our friends and that is always fun! When we came home from church, Wendy and I had the giggles and we couldn't stop laughing!! Anything we said to each other just brought on more laughter and it was so funny! I think the kids, Mackenzie and Brent thought we were crazy!! (truth be told, I think we are!) After the kids went to bed, we watched this tv show called Wipeout! It was funny!
Thursday, we decided to come down to see my parents. But we decided not to tell them as we had told them we weren't coming down til Friday. So, we loaded the car and headed south. We first went and spent the afternoon with my older sister, Tanya and her kids. Which was lots of fun! Then we came to my parents. I had called my Dad and told him we were in town, but asked him not to tell Mum. (as I wanted to surprise her when she came home from work) Well - surprise I did! She came home and I gave her a huge hug and she just started crying! (yes, which in turn made me cry...see...I get my tears from her!!) Then the four of us went out to supper and then just spent the evening looking at pictures and hanging out.
It's now Friday morning and Mum only works this morning, so we are going to do something this afternoon...I think a game of Yahtzee is on the list!! Take care everyone - will try to update again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good game Kristy
Thanks for the surprise arrival - I was so happy to see you!
The time was too short but I think we packed quite a bit into it, didn't we? I can't wait until you come back down again...
Have fun with your church friends - love you!
Mum
Post a Comment