Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Enjoying winter

Well...we have been back in Jbay for almost a week now and are loving the winter weather!! Yes, it still sounds weird to say winter in August, but...with winter like this, we can't complain!

It has been beautiful clear skies this whole last week! In fact, today it reached up to +30!! The one thing that does suck is our flat (apartment) does not face the beautiful beach! But, the last two days, Bob and I have gone for walks on the beach!! Oh, seriously, one of the best things ever is putting your feet in the sand and then letting the ocean wash it off. I could stay at the beach all day...if my schedule allowed me.

It has been good to be back on the base again, I have enjoyed the worship times and just hanging out with family and friends again. God is so good! Last Friday night, we even had a braai with the Salida family - that was so nice!! Marchelle always makes toasted sandwiches (which they put on the fire, and inside them is chutney, cheese, tomato and onion) they are so yummy!!!

Other then that..not much else is new, we are praying about where God wants us next. Will keep you updated!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I, too, enjoy walking in the sand on the beach...ha ha. But you knew that.

I'm glad you're getting settled in and I'm looking forward to hearing what God is leading you into next...

Lots of love,
Mum

 
Designed by Lena