Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Choc Sticks Anyone??

What is a Choc Stick you might ask? It's a new treat that I am enjoying!

It is pretzel sticks covered in chocolate...when I first heard of them - I was a little disgusted! But, I'm here to tell you they are awesome! Do you want to know why? I am going to tell you...because they cover both the sweet tooth and also the salty tooth. Somedays I can't decide if I want to buy chips or should I buy chocolate, but I have found out, if I buy Choc Sticks - it satisfies both craving!! They are so yummy!! I have to be very careful as one box (small box only 100 grams!) I can easily eat in about 5 minutes!! But, the good news is - we have been short on cash, so I haven't been able to eat them as much as I would like too! haha

Anyway...enough about my snacks!

BCC is going good - we did Revelation this past weekend! Wow! It was an intense weekend, Friday and Saturday we had lectures from 9:00-1:00pm, again at 2:30-5:00pm and then again from 7:00-8:30pm!! Then Sunday we had the morning and afternoon lectures and our homework had to be in by 10pm on Sunday night!!

Although it was intense, it was very good...the guy that taught was very good and very Biblical. I didn't write lots of note though as he talked about so many things! But it did open my eyes a lot! If you want to know...just ask me..to write it all out would take forever!

Today we started Matthew! The guy that is teaching us this week is an American who has been living in South Africa for the last 11 years. He is very good! He has like a doctrine in Greek and Hebrew and because of that he has studied the text a lot! So, far I am really enjoying him! I am looking forward to this week.

The one thing I am asking you all - please pray for me! I am so tired and in fact - I tired isn't the correct word, it's more like I'm exhausted!! BCC is only 2 more weeks, so just pray that I have the strength to continue. Yesterday morning I was really upset! Part of me just wanted to quit, and just not do the homework, but then the other half of me (the perfectionist side!) was like no - I can't quit I have to do everything just right!!! LOL!!

Also if you don't know by now (if you don't get our newsletter...) Bob and I are heading on outreach in a month or so!!! Bob and two other staff will be leading a team to Swaziland and South Africa. I am going along as support staff. The DTS is leaving for outreach on the 7th of December but...I don't graduate until the 8th of December. So, needless to say, Bob and I are going to stay in Jbay until after Christmas and then we will catch up with the team. That way we will have a few weeks together before we join them.

So, you can also be praying for us as we will need funds to go on outreach - we know that God will provide though! We serve an awesome God! If you don't get our newsletter and would like to receive...let me know.

God bless everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey cousin!!!!
it is amazing to read about your adventures with God!!! He is awesome!!!!!! even though you were tired.... He is your strength!!!
Bob and you are always in my prayers!! God has amazing plans for you!!

P.s- one day you will have to send me Chocsticks! I really want to eat it! lol

miss you!

Your mauritian cousin! :-)

floyd said...

Hi Babe. Sorry you are tired but God is there with you and he will get you through it for sure. Ya maybe I should try those Choc Sticks. They sound real good but don't think they are around here but I'll check.
We put your sister on a plane tonight again. It is never easy to say goodbye to you kids. You woulod think we would get used to it by now.ha ha
I love you so much and am praying for you everyday. Love you and miss you so much. Dad

Anonymous said...

ya know, I thought I would love something like those choc sticks, Mum bought me back something similar from Halifax...they were chocolate covered chips, but I wasn't as crazy about them as I thought I would be. I would still rather eat a chip and then a bite of chocolate, weird, but true:)

I'm proud of you sis and I know you can last another two weeks! YOU CAN DO IT:)

Love you and have a good week!

Ruley

Wendy said...

I was going to mention the chips as well - similar kind of thing...

I'm so glad you and Bob will have some relaxing 'together time'...enjoy every minute!!

Love you!

Mum

 
Designed by Lena