I know that lots of you are prayer warriors and I would like to ask for you to pray for a family here in Jeffreys Bay!
The pastor of the AOG (Assembly of God) Church. His name is Pastor Robbin. He is a great guy and in fact, I spent most Sundays on my DTS at his church. The church is in the heart of the community. He and his wife (she spends most of her time in Graaff Reinet - which is a city 4 hours from here) - they pastor two churches.
Anyway, the reason I would like to ask you to pray is that we found out this morning that Pastor Robbin's wife (Joanna) passed away this morning!!! Apparently, she was just not feeling very well yesterday (Monday) and in the evening they took her to the hospital where she passed away this morning. (Tuesday) She was only in her early 40's - still so young! This is all the details that I have, I am not really sure of anything else. I am trying to get in contact with my friend, Margaret who goes to the church, but she hasn't been returning my calls.
This is very hard on the family. They have 4 kids, I can't remember all their ages, but I'm pretty sure, 3 of them are under 10 and I know the youngest one isn't even 1 yet!! So please keep them in your prayers! Also for the churches that they pastor, cause I'm sure it is hard on the family, but also hard on the church families!!
Thanks Prayer Warriors! How awesome is the family of God!
PS - I will try to update again soon on how Bob and I are doing, but for now, it doesn't seem that important!
3 comments:
Awww...I'll be praying for sure...that God's grace and strength would be with the family during this rough time.
Hi Babe. Yes we will be praying for the family.Love you Babe.
Oh Kristy!
My heart breaks as I just read this blog. As tears fill my eyes! I can't believe this news.... I am still trying to take it in, but PLEASE let Pastor Robbin know I am praying for him, and his family! Oh my! I send my love, and my prayers to everyone at AOG.
I love you, and miss you.
take care.
my prayers are with you all in J'bay!
Berly
Post a Comment