Saturday, August 07, 2010

Free internet in Vienna airport!!

I know it's been a while since I have updated...sorry if you have been checking every day for an update and haven't seen one yet! But...at last..I have a few minutes so I am going to quickly update this!

We are having a great time traveling and seeing friends!! After I last posted, we ended up going to Bristol (in England) on the Friday afternoon. We went to see our friend, Beth, who we staffed her DTS in January 2009. It worked out great as Margaret and Clive were heading down that way for a wedding, so they offered to drive us. We ended up staying from Friday night to Sunday morning with Beth and her family. (parents and younger brother!) It was such a great time and we enjoyed it so much, they made us feel like part of the family!!

Sunday morning, we headed back to Southampton by train and arrived around 1pm. Uncle Pat picked us up from the train station and we headed to his house, where Aunty Mary was waiting for us. We stayed with them for about 3 hours and then they drove us to the Southampton airport. From there we boarded a small plane and headed to Germany. Our friend Hanna (we staffed her DTS September 2008) and her parents were there to meet us. We stayed with them until Wednesday morning! We had such a great time, they showed us all around their area of Germany. We were planning to see another friend, but it just didn't work out as she was 3 hours away from Hanna. We then were planning to take a train to our next location (which was Salzburg, Austria), but then found out that it was a 8 hour train ride and after doing some internet seaching, Bob found flights for the same price as the train!!! So, we booked our flights and Wednesday morning we headed to Austria! We stayed the next 3 and half days with our friend, Nina (we did DTS together!!). Wow...Austria is such a beautiful country!! I love it!! We spent a day and half in Salzburg and Nina showed us a lot of the sights and then we took a train 3 hours to Vienna. Nina's parents are just outside of Salzburg so we stayed with them for the first night and then we stayed in Nina's apartment with her and her roommates for the other 2 nights! Nina took us all over and we saw so many things!! It was so great to see her again after 2 and half years.

Now, I am sitting in the Vienna airport and we are on our way to Switzerland. We are arriving tonight at 8:30pm and then we leave tomorrow at 5:30pm. There was a mixup with our flights so we only have 24 hours in Switzerland, it's not as much as we had hoped - but we do get to see some of our friends. I am not sure what we can see in 24 hours, but it's better then nothing. Then tomorrow night we head to Holland where we will be staying for 3 days. Then from Holland we are heading to France where we will spend time with my Uncle, Aunt and the rest of the family. We thought that we might have to take the train everywhere, but Bob found cheap flights to each location...praise the Lord!!

After France we head back to England where we will spend our last 3 days with Uncle Pat and Aunty Mary! Then we head back to Canada on the 18th of August!!

We have been so blessed the last week and God continues to surprise us and bless us! I feel so blessed!

Hope you all enjoyed the quick update....I will try to update again soon - when I can!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena