Monday, November 01, 2010

Last week with the Listers

Last week, I got to spend with my 4 nieces and 1 nephew in Lethbridge! I watched them while my parents, sister and brother-in-law and 1 niece (who is 1) went to Houston for a week. I went down on Sunday (October 24th) after church and stayed until Thursday night. They are such good kids. I had brought my camera in order to take some pictures of us doing fun things together, but we got so busy, I didn't take one picture!! Thursday morning, we made homemade chocolates - I remember making them as a child, how and so I thought the kids would enjoy it. Needless to say, it was a huge hit, it was so easy and I was surprised that it wasn't very messy at all. The kids so enjoyed it - I'm sure a couple of times, chocolate "accidentally" hit the table and they had to eat it!! LOL! We had gone to Michaels the day before and gotten a bunch of different colours of chocolate. We had brown, pink, purple, sparkle and blue! We had lots of fun together! I must admit when I said goodbye to the kids I had a few tears in my eyes! They are such good kids and I enjoyed every minute we had together. I am so thankful that Tan and Tom trusted me to watch their kids. I love spending time with my nieces and nephew!! I am a blessed Aunty!

After my parents and sister and brother-in-law got back on Thursday night, I went and spent the night at my parents house. Friday morning, my Dad took me out to breakfast (Mum had to work), then I headed on my way back to Red Deer. I made a stop in Airdrie to see my friend Buffy. We have been friends since we were 12 years old....wow, time sure flies!! I got to see her only for about half an hour as she was getting ready to head out to work. Then I headed back to Blackfalds. I got home at about 3pm. In the evening Bob and I had youth group. In case I haven't mentioned on here, Bob and I are now the Deacons of Youth at our church. So, we are in charge of the grades 8 - 12. We only have about 10 youth. We had a movie night, we ended up watching "The Spy Next Door" with Jackie Chan. It was fun, they are a fun group of youth.

Saturday was Bob's birthday, so we drove to Edmonton for the afternoon and evening. Bob's high school friend, Danny (who now lives in Vancouver) was in Edmonton for the last two weeks as he is actor and had a play, so we went, met him for supper and then went to see the play. It was actually Bob's and Danny's birthday! It was so nice to see Danny again, I don't think we have seen him for about 3 years now. The play was really good, after the play we went to a small little pub for a while. We ended up staying til just after midnight. We got back to Blackfalds at about 2am.

All and all - I had a great week!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks so much for watching the kids for Tan and Tom, KB. It was such a blessing to them and a nice break that was certainly a long time coming.

I, too, love spending time with them as there is certainly never a dull moment!

I'm glad you got to go out with Dad but sorry I had to work :(

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you updated your blog. Sigh. Now I guess I should do that to eh? Glad you had fun with the kids. They are all so special and really good kids. They are growing up so fast. Our little Adriana who is now 13 and as tall as me just ain't so little anymore. She is a pretty young lady.

Love you
Dad

 
Designed by Lena