Last night I couldn't sleep and normally when I can't sleep I just lay there waiting and waiting but last night I decided to do something different. I decided to start remembering all the blessings God has given to me. So, then the thought came to me, hey, instead of counting sheep, I should start counting my blessings. I also remembered a wall hanging some of the students after one of the schools gave Bob and I. It said "If you can't sleep, don't count sheep - talk to the shepherd" and so I thought of as I was laying there. So I am here to tell you that after about 10 minutes of counting my blessings, I drifted off to sleep. I am thinking that is what I am going to do from now on, instead of just laying there trying to fall back asleep.
Needless to say, I have lots of blessing and the list was quite long. I am just amazed at all the wonderful blessings God has blessed me with.
I am still looking for a job - for some reason it has been really hard. I have been emailing lots of resumes out and I even went on Wednesday, my goal was hand out 10 resumes. So I did just that, but so far I haven't heard anything. I just keeping trusting God as I know He has the best job for me, so I will just wait until He reveals it to me. For the mean time, I spend my days in the Bible, exercising and just enjoying God and life!! I still have His joy, there is something about it, I just can't stop laughing and smiling....I love this feeling!!
Other news, I got to skype this afternoon with both my sisters, although I don't get many words in when the three of us talk, I still love it and enjoy the laughs we have together - no one makes me laugh as hard as those two together. Also, if you read my Mum's blog, you will have seen that since the beginning of December, Mum and I have been doing an online eating course called "The Lord's Table" from a website called Setting The Captives Free. It is an amazing course and I am enjoying it. Doing daily devotions and having daily accountability is great!! I have also lost 10 lbs so far! So that is very exciting, but the thing that is better then the weight loss, is my relationship with God is so much stronger!! I love God and I know He loves me!!!
I am so blessed!!!
2 comments:
Good idea, KB! I usually start reciting my memory verses and the next thing I know it is morning! God is good, soooo good.
I am so excited about our daily walk and how our relationship with our Lord has changed and progressed...
LOVE YOU!
Hi Babe. I have been laying awake a lot lately maybe I should be counting my blessing too. Good to hear that you lost 10 lbs. I pray for you every day and I am praying God will show you the right job soon. Sure do love you.
Post a Comment