Sunday, December 18, 2011

An early Christmas in Picture Butte

This past weekend we celebrated Christmas with my family. We ended up driving down on Thursday night. We cleaned the church on Thursday night and finished at about 10pm and Bob said he felt like driving down then. So away we went! We pulled into Mum and Dad's around 1:30am. Friday was spent just relaxing and hanging out with Mum, Dad, Tanya and the kids. (Tom had to work) Oh, in the morning, before Tan and the kids came, we skyped Mandy, it was so nice, it feels like so long since we have chatted. Once the kids arrived, they just couldn't get enough of Uncle Bob and a couple times, we would look at all the kids would be sitting with Bob on the couch. It was so cute! Tanya took a couple of pictures and put them on her Facebook, and I went onto her profile and I confess, I copied them and here they are.

Anyway....our weekend was great and lots of fun! We celebrated Christmas on Saturday morning and needless to say, the kids (who were excited) were up and I think we started opening presents at 8am. After the presents were open and we were all spoiled, Dad started making the turkey. He even let me help with the stuffing, which was fun! The rest of the day was just spent relaxing, watching movies and playing games. And once again, Dad made an awesome meal and it was so yummy!

Today, we went to church and then Bob and I headed back to Red Deer. We got back around 4:30 and decided to go straight to the church and do some cleaning so we don't have to go tomorrow night.

All and all it was a great weekend and I am so blessed by my family.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I didn't know Tan had posted photos on FB - now I'll have to go look!

Thanks for all the "extra" gifts you brought with you - you spoiled us all!

Love you!

Floyd said...

Yes Babe it was a wonderful week end. Sorry you hd to go back so soon but we will be up at your place on the weekend of Jan7th.
love you Babe.

 
Designed by Lena