Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Running makes me happy :)

Well I must confess I am LOVING running! I never thought I would hear myself say that, but it's the truth. As my running class is coming to an end, (3 more weeks!) I am a little sad, but I am so thankful for the class. It has truly helped me! I also found two of the girls at work (the two that made me the yummy cookie from the previous post) have started to run with me. We try to go out at least two nights a week. Tonight Tessa and I went out (Janice had to work late), we went around Bower Ponds, I wore my pedometer and it said we went 3.5 km!! It felt great!! Also, my running class is over on the 12th of March and so on the 18th the Running Room is having a 5km run and so most of us from the class are doing it - kind of like a finale of our class. I am excited!

Also, on March 10th I will be running a 6km with my sister, Tanya. It is a moonlight run and starts at 8pm and is in Lethbridge. This excites me even more...I am not sure how long it will take me, but I figure it will be my first competition run ever and as I don't have a previous time, I have nothing to compare it to. But I am so excited!! This past weekend, Bob and I went down and spent the weekend with the Listers and on Sunday afternoon Tan, Adrie and I went on a run! It felt so good to run with them. It made me more excited for the 10th!! I will have to post my time on here so you can see my time :)

Anyway, it's getting late and I think my pillow is calling my name! Yup, that's it...I hear it!
Night friends :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Never let your pillow know your name - LOL. Too late...

I'm so glad you had a fun time with Tan and the family and equally as glad that you are enjoying running. You've inspired me, that's for sure!

Love you!

 
Designed by Lena