Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Today is Mother's Day and I am trying to think how to put my thoughts into words, as my Mum means so much to me.  She is my best friend, I enjoy every minute we spend together.  She knows how to make me laugh like no other and she knows me inside out.  She is a true woman of God, I love that we can share our hearts with each other, that is something that is special to me.  We try to talk every day, but recently my Mum got a cell phone with a texting plan, so now if we don't talk, we text each other!  It is such a blessing in my life. I thank God everyday for my relationship with my Mother,  I love you so much Mumma!

I am also blessed to have a great Mother-in-law.  Bob and I drove out to Spruce Grove this afternoon and spent the afternoon with Bob's parents.  I know there are people that don't get along with their in-laws, but I am blessed to be a girl who enjoys spending time with her in-laws.  Love you Mom!

As I sit here, I am once again in awe of how blessed I am.  This past Friday night, I worked at the store and it got a little busy, so I was helping on cash, when this lady came in.  She looked to be in her 40's, she was buying a Mother's day card, when I asked her how she was doing, she says to me "this will probably be the last mother's day card I will ever buy".  Now she has my attention and I am trying to think of what to say to that comment.  She then continues to tell me, that her mom has been dealing with terminal cancer for the last three years, and now, it's come down to this, the end.  As I stood there, I was speechless, all I could tell her, was that I was so sorry!  Then her eyes get all big and teary and she starts to bawl right in front of me....I had no idea what to do, so I grabbed her hands and say "can I pray for you?"  She agrees, so I pray for her and her mother.  I pray for comfort and peace for both of them.  After I say amen, I tell her once again I am so sorry!  She thanks me, and walks out of the store :(   After she leaves, I walk to the back room to talk to one of the other girls that works with me, and we both just cry....I can't even imagine what she is feeling.
Lord, be with her and her mother, comfort them both at this time.

So tonight I am just a girl, thanking her God for the blessings in her life.

Thank you Lord!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Thanks for this post, Kristy. You know that you three girls are my best friends - and have been all your lives. I can't imagine not having that relationship with your children but I know a lot of people don't.

How sad for that dear lady...I know there are still times when I miss my Mum and would give anything to be able to sit down and have a cup of tea with her.

I love you!!

 
Designed by Lena