Monday, July 30, 2012

1st week in Lethbridge

Well, I have been living in Lethbridge for one week now and I just have two things to share with you!

#1 - Family Time :)
I have been absolutely blessed living so close to my family!  I think I never realized how much I actually have missed them!  Since I have been here, I have gotten to see my family most days, if even for a little while at a time.  Last week, I went running with Tanya twice and I plan to do more of that in the upcoming days!  Although she is a lot more faster then I am...it was just so nice to get out and run with her!  What a blessing my older sister is to me.  My Dad came over one day and helped me put up blinds in my bedroom, again, a blessing in my life!  Last week, Tanya had to make a cake for my niece, Chelsie's birthday (she turned one last week) and so Mum, Tanya came over one night and we decorated it together.  Although, I think they did most of the work, I just watched :)  But again, it was so much fun!  This past Friday, my cousin, Samantha and her boyfriend, Russell came down for the weekend.  Also on Saturday, my Aunty Cynthia and other cousin, Bethany came for a visit.  (they are here until this coming Friday)  It has just been so nice being so close and I am just enjoying family time!  The one thing that sucks, is Bob is still working in Red Deer, he was there this past week.  Then came home last weekend and then went back to Red Deer on Sunday and he is now there until Friday!  I miss having him around!  Let's just say, Friday can't come soon enough!

#2 - HOT weather!!
The weather in Lethbridge this past week and it is actually suppose to continue all this week has been in the high 20's, early 30's!!  It is just so hot!!  Bob and I have a floor fan and needless to say, I think I have it running all day and even all night - it just so hot!!  Tomorrow apparently we are going to Raymond and they have a spray park and a outside pool, so we are going to go and spend the afternoon there.  It should be fun with the kids and all.  I just love being an Aunty :)

Anyway, it's getting late so I am going to end.  I am still looking for a job, now that I have officially moved down here.  Today, I went and applied at the local Christian Bookstore (Dove Christian Store) and I applied at Save On Foods, cause you never know....  The other day, I applied and had an interview at the Miracle Channel (Christian TV), here in Lethbridge.  My brother-in-law, Tom works there.  They had an opening in the Closed Caption department.  It seemed like a lot of pressure, typing out the closed caption for the TV shows (luckily the shows aren't live!)  but it did seem like a fun and interesting job.  So, I am leaving my job in God's hands, I know He has the right one out there for me!

Night all :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

It sure is nice having you this close, babe. I still have to pinch myself to realize that it has happened!! It will be nicer for you once Bob is down here, too.

I know, the weather has been crazy hot but we won't complain ;-)

I love you!

Wendy said...

It sure is nice having you this close, babe. I still have to pinch myself to realize that it has happened!! It will be nicer for you once Bob is down here, too.

I know, the weather has been crazy hot but we won't complain ;-)

I love you!

 
Designed by Lena