Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12

So today is the 12th day, of the 12th month of the 12th year :)

I can't believe that we are so close to Christmas and so close to the end of another year.  We are just 13 days away from Christmas, that just blows my mind. I think the one reason it doesn't quite feel like Christmas yet is because we haven't had much snow at all! I am so surprised at how much the weather is so different in different parts of this province. For example, Red Deer was always so cold and snowy by mid-November. Well here in Lethbridge we've got snow twice and both days it only lasted for about 24 hours, if even that. So it doesn't feel like it should be Christmas yet. But it is coming :)  Today we did get a little bit of snow, I wonder how long it will stay this time.

Bob and I are heading up to Spruce Grove on the 22nd to celebrate Christmas with the Barnes side of the family on the 23rd. I think we are going to visit with our friends, Colin and Lhea (who are living in Chicago right now); their family are in Lacombe so they are going to be there for Christmas so we are hoping to visit with them on our way to Spruce Grove. They have one little boy, Alister who is 14 months old and Bob and are blessed to be his god-parents. So we are excited to see them :)

I am also trying to keep up with my running - I confess I haven't run this week though. (oops!) I am running a 5km race on the 31st of this month and I think my sister, Tanya is going to run with me. So I need to keep running, but that is exciting!

Well that is it for now, it's after 10pm and I am started to get tired. I hope to update this again soon!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Run, Kristy, Run! LOL. Dad and I are loving the balmy south of Alberta as well. We still have our moments but, all in all, I think it's better than Edmonton :-)

Swimming was amazing - THAT is what we need to do more often!

Love you!

 
Designed by Lena