Sunday, October 15, 2006

My long lost cousin!!

Yes, it's true this is a picture of my long lost cousin, Kelly. I haven't been in contact with Kelly for about 13 years, but for a while there, 13 years ago, we used to stay in contact by mail. Well, I have been thinking about that side of my family (as I don't stay in touch with many of them, only hear things from Dad) and I got to thinking, I wonder where Kelly is now. Thanks to Dad, I found out he was in North Carolina and married a girl named Kristy. (isn't that a great name! LOL) So, I called him a couple of nights ago and we talked for about 45 minutes! It was so awesome to talk to him and to hear how his life is going....although I think I shocked him so much that he had to sit down for at least an hour or so. (sorry man!) But, since we have emailed eachother and he sent me a link with some pictures of him and his family. Kelly and Kristy have two cute daughters. So, I took one of the pictures and put it on here. (hope you don't mind Kelly) It was so great to talk to him and I only hope that we can stay in contact now! I am going to try to work on Kelly and see if we can get his family up for a visit.....did I mention I am only an hour away from the World's Largest Mall!!

Anyway, just wanted to share my exciting news about my cousin - it was so great to talk to him and I hope we can continue finding out what has happened in our lives in the last 13 or so years!
Love ya Kelly - it's great to be talking to you again cousin!!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, sucks to live one hour from West Edmonton Mall - I can better that, Kelly! I only live 8 houses from the Mall! Ha ha (sorry, KB). Loved the pic - I don't even know when I saw him last but it was a loooong time ago... So, when's the Barto family reunion happening???

Tanya said...

What?? I HAVE cousins?? Seriously, it's almost that bad! Great to see a pic of Kelly - he looks the same to me! I still can't believe you just called him LOL That's so great thought - it would be nice to see that side of the family again!

Floyd said...

Ya thanks Kristy for the picture. Well maybe we should get in touch and keep in touch with all our relitives. I called uncle Mickeyand aunt Linda the other day. I call Dave and Lorie but rarely find them at home. I talke to uncle Merl and anut Bet quite often and My sister Betty. Hmmmmmmmmmm, seems like I do all the calling Lol. Well that's okay I can call the states for nothing anyway.

 
Designed by Lena