Tuesday, October 24, 2006

This past weekend...

....was a wonderful weekend! I got to spend more time with my sisters and my Mum then I have in a long time! God has blessed me with such a wonderful family and I got the chance to spend my weekend with them. Tanya and Tom came up without the kids. (we sure did miss them though!) On Saturday, us girls went out in the morning, as Mum, Tanya and I had to get our bridesmaids dresses altered. Then in the afternoon, we all met up for lunch at the WEM food court and then all went different ways and did some shopping. In the evening, we all went to the community hall in Devon and saw Randy preform "Elvis" and during that time, Bob and I sat with Luba and Art. I love spending time with them, God has blessed me with such wonderful in-laws. I am truly blessed!

Then on Sunday, was Mandy's "Blessing Shower" - we had such a wonderful time! We had over 40 ladies show up and give Mandy their blessings. Shelagh gave an awesome devotional and Tanya was an awesome host!! There was lots of food, and Sulay made this beautiful cake! It was the most beautiful cake I have ever seen!! It was awesome to listen to the ladies give a piece of advice or a memory - I love each and every one of the ladies that came! Thank you Lord for blessing us with awesome ladies to bless our lives with. I know each of those ladies has personally impacted my life over the years! The one thing I thought was funny, Dad had said at one time, he was sad, because his last name would never continue on through us three girls. But I had to giggle to myself, as the ladies were talking, the one common thing they all said, was "I remember when "The Barto girls"...." so, you are in luck Dad, even though, our last names will not be Barto, your name will live on forever and is always a part of us three girls! Love you Daddy!!

Well, that was my weekend and it was a great one! Hard to believe in just 12 more days, my baby sister will be married! But, I have to say, she is marrying an awesome man, God has blessed our lives through Jorge and we are so happy that he is going to be part of our family! Love you so much Mandy and Jorge and we wish you both all the best in this new adventure in your lives! The wedding is going to be such a wonderful and fun time!

Thank you Lord for blessing me with a wonderful family! I am truly blessed beyond words can ever say!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hi Kristy!
Thanks for the kind comments on my blog. I have a funny story for you... I was putting Amelie to bed tonight and she asked me where'd Uncle Bob go? I said at home with Auntie Kristy... And she said "Oh yeah. Me likes Auntie Kristy!" It was very cute! Have a good week Kristy!

Wendy said...

It sure was fun, wasn't it? It almost made me feel sorry for other girls that have "regular" showers with earthly gifts! The gifts that Mandy recieved on Sunday are eternal and will be with her forever. What more could one want than the prayers, blessings and wisdom of those women who have gone before us? Thanks, Tanya, for the incredible idea for the shower - I think we may have started something!!

For me, as well, it was the opportunity to spend time with my three girls - thank you, Lord!

Love you all,
Mum

 
Designed by Lena