Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What to write??

Well here it is Wednesday morning and I figured I should update this thing. Although, I really don't know what to write about. Not too much is new with us. Bob and I had a good weekend, I got to do some scrapbooking on Saturday. On Sunday we invited Cory and Wendy (a couple from church) with their kids for supper. As they were the family that helped us put up the outside lights, we figured we'd have them over again and we could use Cory's ladders to help us take down the outside lights!! Although, I must say, taking them down is a lot easier and goes a lot faster then putting them up! It took about 1 and a half hour to put them up, and only took us about 15 minutes to take them down. LOL!! Oh, well it was a fun visit and I even tried out a new recipe for supper. We all helped make it, I got it off Tanya's website and we figured if we all helped, if it wasn't any good, we were all to blame! I'm happy to report, we all enjoyed it and it was very easy to make. Even Bob and Cory were a big help - it was lots of fun!!

The weather here today is terrible, it was windy all last night (you could hear it blowing all night) and then this morning on the way to work, you couldn't see very far in front of you, beacause of all the snow blowing. And it was very cold - minus 29 with the windchill. (have I mentioned I hate windchill?) It is suppose to start snowing tonight, and hopefully it will only stay a short little while and get warm again soon. I am ready for spring!!


Well, I guess there is one piece of news I can put on here. (it's more Bob's news then mine, but seeing as he doesn't have a blog...) Bob has decided to go to Mexico on a missions trip with a group from our church to work on an orphange. I am happy for him. I'm sure he'll have lots of fun. He has one more week of holidays then I do so, he decided to use it going on this trip. We saw on Sunday that our church was sending a group in February and so, he asked Darrell about it (Darrell plans most of the trips) and he gave Bob all the information. Bob asked work on Monday if he could get time off and they said he could. He called Darrell and let him know that he is going! So, hopefully he can get some sponsors and then we will just have to pay for some of his trip. The group leaves on Feb. 2 and returns on the 10th, so it means I will be "husband-less" for a week. Please pray for Bob, that he will be able to raise the money he needs, and also pray for his back - it has been really bad lately and we are praying that it won't bother him at all while he is away. They will be doing lots of dry walling and plumbing on one of the suites for the medical staff that come to visit the orphange. Also, if you think about it, please pray for me. I don't think I have been alone in my house for more then one night - I am a little nervous, but I know that we have angels watching over our house and I know they will be watching over me.

Well, other then that - no other news to report. I have been trying to do Tanya's photo challenge this week, but the challenge is pink. I don't think I have anything pink in our house. I keep looking though. I'll keep you updated. Oh, there is one other thing, we finally connected with Troy and Heather. I called them yesterday and I think the four of us are going to get together one day this weekend. Should be fun!

That's all for now folks! Take care.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

We have to take down our lights, too - I asked Dad if we couldn't just stand in the driveway and give them a good yank! LOL! Should have seen the look he gave me!

I'm so glad about Bob - we'll be praying for sure - for his back and his support and the whole trip. I *was* going to say I could come down and spend the weekend with you but I work the 3rd to the night of the 7th (that's my 5-day rotation!). Sigh....I can come down for the 8th-10th, though....

Good to read your news! Love you!

Tanya said...

LOL We never got any lights up (rolls eyes)

I am so excited for Bob, that will be an awesome and hopefully life-changing experience. I'll be praying for you KB. I don't like being home without my hubby either. Maybe you can snuggle with Hudson?? LOL

Floyd said...

Well maybe if Mum is working nights and the roads are good me and Bert might just come your way. Not sure if Maddie would want to come or not ??

 
Designed by Lena