Sunday, February 11, 2007

A snowy update

Here it is Sunday afternoon and all is well. I have had a good weekend. Friday night I went to dinner at the church with three of my friends. It was suppose to be a valentine's day dinner for couples (put on by the youth of our church) but as three of our husbands were in Mexico and Erin's husband works out of town. The four of us decided to go. I am here to tell you, that I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! We had so much fun! I don't know what was funnier, listening to them tell stories about their kids, or watching the youth bring spaghetti to our table, and not once, not twice, but three times they dropped the food on the floor! I don't know why but for some reason, when they brought out Erin's dish (or I should say dishes) they kept dropping them! It was too funny!! We had a wonderful time, and I am so thankful for my friends that God has brought into my life. So, thank you God for Shauna, Korin and Erin - I love them all! My stomach hurt when I got home, and I didn't know if it was from all the food I ate, or all the laughing I did that night!

Saturday, I spent all day cleaning my house. I wanted it to be nice for when Bob arrived home. I spent a total of 6 hours cleaning and even washing floors (which I hate to do!) just to make sure everything looked great - I also managed to do my laundry and I was happy with what I had accomplished. I just cranked up the worship music and sang, and cleaned my house - it was great! Although come 5:00pm I was bone tired. So, I turned on the tv and watched TLC for about 4 hours before I called it a night.

Bob arrived home at about 2:00am this morning! I was happy to see him! I have missed him lots! Thank goodness they all arrived safe and made it home! Thank you for everyone who was praying! Once he got home, I think we talked for about an hour and then, he showered and went to bed. I quickly put a load of his laundry in and then went to bed. It is good to have him home, and he sounds like he had lots of fun - he is ready to go back. Hopefully next time he goes back - I will be able to go. They are talking about getting a group to go in October. I am thinking, maybe we will both go on that one.

We got up this morning at around 9 and went to church. We were suppose to go to Edmonton today, as Mandy and Jorge leave for Chile tomorrow, and I was going to spend the night (so I could go to the airport) but it has been snowing all day here and we checked the road reports and they say the roads are awful. So, it sucks, but we will not be able to say good bye in person. I am upset but trying not to be, or I know I will cry my eyes out! Thank you Lord for bringing Jorge here with Mandy and for allowing us to spend time with them. Keep them safe as they travel back to Chile and may they follow you at all times.


Right now, it's about 5:30 and I have just finished putting some of Bob's photo's on my photobucket. If you want to see some photos just click on the link for my photobucket.

Well, I am going to go for now - take care everyone and thank you for praying for the safe return of my husband, God is good and heard your prayers!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Glad Bob's home safe - we'll look forward to hearing more about his trip. We all just looked at the photos - they are really good.

KB - the cake was good but the icing was still runny - so I kinda poured it over the cake - LOL! But it did taste good!

We missed you today, sorry the roads were so bad but it's not worth chancing them and ending up in the ditch...

Mommy said...

It sounds like you had a really nice time Friday night, I'm glad you all decided to go even though your husbands were away :) You said they were all in Mexico?

Kristy said...

Hi Chloe - glad to see you left a comment on my blog! Yeah, our church sent a group of 10 down to Mexico to work on a medical and dental clinic for an orphange that we support. So, they left on the 2nd of Feb and got back on early Sunday morning.

Now my husband wants to go back!!

 
Designed by Lena