Well, the subject pretty much sums up our Saturday. Inventory went good on Friday and we were out of work by 8:30pm! Then, on Saturday, we cleaned the house. I have to admit that Bob did a lot more then I did. I worked on the bedroom (which included our bathroom and walk-in-closet!) and Bob worked on the other rooms. We washed the floors and Bob even washed the walls. I am so thankful to have Bob as my husband, he is the best and I was so thankful for his help. I don't know what I would do without him - he does so much for me and I am so thankful! We cleaned all day and all night on Saturday.
Sunday, we went to church - It was my week to volunteer in the nursery. It was fun - I only had three kids, so my jr. workers decided to go to service. Which I was ok with, because the three kids I had were really easy to take care of. After service I took Bob home, and I headed out to Safeway. While I was gone, Bob cleaned some more of the house. (have I mentioned how thankful I am for him?) Once I got home, I started making some sweet and sour chicken for a couple in our church. Gil and Fran - they are in their 60's and Fran fell on her right side about 2 weeks ago and broke her shoulder. So, she can't do anything without help. I was talking to her at church and I asked if she needed anything I could help with. The one thing she asked was for prayer and for meals. It's hard on her husband to have to make the meals each day. So, I decided I would make a meal for them. So, I made that meal for them. Around 3:30pm, we had one of the girls we work with came over with her roomates. We have mentioned to work that we are thinking of going to South Africa and would have to sell our house, Monica (who works with us) said she might know someone who would want to buy our house. So, they came over and looked at it yesterday. I believe that if God wants us to move, He will sell our house. They came over and looked at it and really like it. They told us to make sure we call them when we find out if we get accepted. So, that is awesome.
After they left, I headed over to Fran's house. I got there at about 4pm and Fran invited me in for tea. We had a nice visit. I visited with her for about an hour and then I headed home. It started to snow!! Once I got home, I started on supper. Bob had invited Colin and Lhea over for supper and to play canasta. Well, they didn't come for supper (which means more leftovers of garlic chicken for us!!) but they still came over and played cards. Although it was Lhea's and my turn to win, we let the boys win this one! (hehe!) After the game, we watched Amazing Race. It was a really good one, as it was a 2 hour episode!!
Tonight is Bible Study - I am looking forward to going as I enjoy spending time with these people that are my friends and also my family! God is so good to me!!
Oh, I heard from YWAM in Jeffrey's Bay today, they received our application!! Now they are just waiting for a couple of our reference letters and then we should know soon enough. That is exciting!! I am both nervous and excited all at once. But, God is in control and I leave everything in His hands!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Maybe when you finish with Bob we could borrow him for a few days. My walls need cleaning too. ha ha. Glad to hear about YWAM and you realize that that is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg way away.
Love you
Dad
Wow - a lot of cleaning!! It's so nice that you two do that as a couple...
I know that if the YWAM goes through (it's looking more and more like it might!), your house will sell.... God hasn't brought you this far to not take care of that!
Love you!
Mum
Post a Comment