Hi everyone,
Just wanted to update you all on how my eye surgery went yesterday. First I want to say, thanks for all your prayers! It all started on Monday night, Bob drove me to Edmonton and then he drove back to Blackfalds, Mum was working nights so, it was just Dad home. He was waiting for me, and hadn't eaten supper so the two of us went out to supper. Then we came home and just relaxed . Mum only worked until midnight so, she got home about 12:15am, I quickly showed her my laptop and then we headed to bed, as we had to be up by 7 on Tuesday morning!!
Tuesday morning arrived and Mum drove me to the clinic. It was nice to have Mum with me, I just love spending time with her. I was nervous, but did ok. First I had to see two other people before the surgery, just to make sure my prescription was right and all that. When it was time for my surgery, they called four of us at a time. It was me and three other guys. They were all older then me, and we had to sit in a certain order. That was the order in which we were getting the surgery done, I was number 4! The most nervous part was just sitting there waiting! But, it was awesome to watch the guys before me go in and come out 10 minutes later! When it was my turn, I asked if Mum could watch, they said yes, so they lifted the blinds in the room so she could watch on a tv screen. It was a weird surgery, all I had to do was stare at a red dot. It all happened so fast, first they prop open the eye with this thingy and I just had to keep my eye on this dot. While they did it, they gave me two stress balls and they said to instead of squeezing my eyes, squeeze the balls. Which I did - I just kept reciting to myself, "I can do all things through Christ." It all happened so fast, before I knew it both eyes were done. The doctor that did the surgery was so great, he was really a nice guy and while he was doing the surgery he kept talking to me and letting me know what he was doing. After the surgery, I had to put on some sunglasses and then just sat in the dark for about an hour. Then they looked at my eyes and told me I was good to go. The longer I kept my eyes closed the better.
While Mum drove home, I closed my eyes, once we got home I had some lunch and then went and laid down. I ended up sleeping for about 4 hours, when I got up, I had to keep the glasses on for the first 24 hours, so I just sat on the couch and kept my eyes closed. It was funny though when I did open my eyes, I could see really clearly. For a while, Mum and Dad went outside to work on their flowers and I laid on the futon and just closed my eyes. I have to have eye drops every so often, thanks to Mum, she made sure they got put in at the right time. Thanks so much Mumma, I couldn't have asked for a better nurse! Love you!
I ended up going to bed at around 9:30 and ended up waking a couple times in the night, but thankgoodness my eyes weren't itchy or anything. This morning I had to go back to the dr's just for a follow up, but I can tell you I could see everything so clearly, it is amazing! They said that my eyes are looking really good and now I am seeing with 20/20 vision!! Wow!!!
So, as you can tell, I am now able to go on the computer and watch tv. So, God is good! My surgery went good and I can see! Thanks for everyone for your prayers and support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am so glad for you Kristy. glad that you are not in any pain and the you now have 2o/20 vision. Sure do love you.
Dad
Yay! That is great news! I'm glad you are doing so well!
It sure has been an experience - for me as well as you!! Watching the surgery was incredible - I was blown away by what they can do!!
I'm so happy for you, KB!
I am glad that all went okay KB...you are brave. I don't think I could ever to that surgery!
Oh wow, that is so cool! I've been wanting to get the surgery but have been scared - it's really good to hear from someone who has actually had it done!! Do they cut in your eye or is it all lasers? I want details lol! My eyes are pretty bad - I can see up very close - but can't see anything far out. The world is one big blur! :) Glad your doing well and that you're recovering quickly!
That is good to hear that you had it work out so well. I still would have put in the extra for the 40/20 vision package. Or something with X-Rays or Heat vision.
Oh well!!
Post a Comment