Monday, May 21, 2007

Sunday

Here I am finally going to update this thing, I said Sunday on the subject, but as I look at the time now, it's 12:22am, so I guess it's actually Monday morning!! Oh well!

I had such a wonderful week with my parents! I love spending time with them, I did miss Bob and the cats and dog (my "kids") - I enjoyed spending time with Mum and Dad. I think this was the first time in a long time, that Mum didn't have to work at all while I was up and so, we got to spend all our time together. My parents and I have so much fun together, even if it's just sitting watching tv, we all can just say one thing, and we burst out laughing!!

In case you are wondering, my eyes are wonderful! I can't tell you how awesome it is, to know that I don't have to put my glasses on, or worry about my contacts being in wrong or bothering my eyes! My eyes aren't even irrated or anything, it is amazing! I love it!! In fact, when I went to church with Dad today, I was thinking how I didn't even need glasses to see the people on stage and we were at least 7 rows back!! For me, that is a big thing, also, I notice a HUGE difference when I am in the car - I just love that I don't have to worry about not being able to see anything, I can see it all now, and without glasses!!!

Well, back to my week, I could blog about it, but it looks like Mum did a good job, and I don't think she missed out too much! So, I will just fill you in on my day today (or yesterday - Sunday!) Mum had to work today, so Dad and I went to first service at church. It was good to be back in Beulah, I always love going there, still feels like home, even though, most of the people I don't even know. But, I always find someone I haven't talked to in a long time, and it makes me happy. When service ended Dad, and I were going to try to leave right away, (because Bob's parents were picking me up to go home) but, of course, how it is at Beulah, there are always people I haven't seen in a long time, so I did run into some people that hadn't heard that Bob and I are going to Africa, so I had to fill them in. (Tan - remind me to tell you about Marla Dyck, when I talk to you next!!)

Once we got home from church, Luba and Art (Bob's parents) were already there waiting for me at the house. So, I quickly got all my stuff together and we headed for Blackfalds. We arrived home around 1pm - I was glad to be home, although now I had laundry that needed to be done!! The joys of being away for a few days! We arrived and Bob's brother and sister-in-law and niece (John, Corinne & Kiera) arrived about 20 minutes later, and then about an hour later, Bob's other brother (Jimmy) showed up. It was nice to have everyone here. We just putzed around the house, Jimmy played on the wii and the rest of us just talked and stuff. Around 3pm, Luba and I started getting supper ready. Luba had brought with her steaks, potatoes, corn on the cob and garlic bread - all the makings for a yummy BBQ!! And indeed it was! By the time we were done eating it was around 6:30 and Mom and Dad decided to go home. Jimmy stayed for about another hour or so, and John, Corinne and Kiera are spending the night as they are going with Corinne's family to Drumheller for the week so, they figured they are already half way there if they stay here, and we were more then willing to let them stay. I love spending time and doing stuff with them, we always have fun!

By this time it was about 8 and Kiera was starting to get a little tired. So, we put on Toy Story for her to watch, and she falls asleep within the first 10 minutes, so us adults stay and watch whole movie (I watched in between loads of laundry :) and then we decide to go play canasta. The four of us haven't played in a LONG time!! So, we played and Kiera woke up half way through, but she was good. In the end the girls won!!! YIPPEE!!!! (considering we were down 2500 going into the last round!!)

Then everyone left me, and went to bed and I thought I would quickly update this thing! So, there you go you got your update! Tomorrow is Victoria Day, so no work! We are having a caregroup BBQ so, that should be fun! I love spending time with these friends that God has given us. Also, it's Ed's birthday and I got him a great gift!! (Ed, are you reading this???!!! haha)

Well, my dryer just went off so, I have to go and switch the loads and then I am off to bed! Night all!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Good to see an update, KB. Dad and I always love having our girls come home as well - we did have fun!

Sounds like your day went well - I'm glad you have today off to put your feet up and relax. The nice thing about having sold your house is that you don't have any gardening to do!!

Love you!

 
Designed by Lena