Thursday, June 21, 2007

Day #2 with my best friend!

I just thought I would quickly update this and let you all know that Mum and I had a fun day yesterday too. I sure am blessed by Mum - she is my very bestest friend and I am so blessed by the time we get to spend together.

We started out yesterday bright and early. We had to be at the eye appointment for 9:20 - I got in and out in my appointment, then we had to wait for Mum's. As she was getting the consultation done, you have to see three different people before you're done. So, in the end, we finished with her consultation. (and found out that Mum is not a candidate for eye surgery) Then we headed over to Nola's for me to get my hair done. Made a quick stop at Starbucks before we got to her house!

We got to Nola's at noon and were there for about 3 hours! It was a fun time, I always enjoy spending time with Nola. I was more blessed as I also got to spend the time with Mum! Once we were finished at Nola's we went and grabbed something for lunch. We ended up getting Taco Bell!! (my favorite as everyone knows!)

Once we were done there, we headed over to Spasation and got ready for our hour massage! Mum had never had an hour long massage before so, this was a treat for her. It was a nice massage and we came away well relaxed! After the massage we went and just hung around the mall for about an hour. Then we headed over to the LRT station. We decided it would be better if we took the LRT, then after the concert we wouldn't have to deal with the traffic getting out of the parking lot. We made to Rexal Place by 7:10 and had 20 minutes before the concert started. I wanted to get a shirt, so we spent the next 30 minutes in line. Good thing there was an opening act!

The opening act was a lady who I had never heard of before, she was pretty good. She played for about an half hour. Then the concert started at 8, both Tim and Faith came on for the first two songs, and then it was just Faith for about an hour. She sure puts on a good show, she is so pretty and just has the most beautiful voice! She performed for about an hour and half and then Tim came on. (man, he is so fine!!) Tim too performed for about an hour and half. Then after he was done they both came back for a couple of songs again. It is so awesome to see them perform together, you can just feel the love they share! It must be so awesome to be able to perform every night with your spouse! At one point during Faith's performance, she stopped the whole band and sang a line of "How Great Thou Art". It was awesome!! The whole concert was about 3 hours long, it was an awesome concert!! I'm so glad that I had Mum there to enjoy it with me, she had said she couldn't remember the last time going to a concert, so I was so glad that I got to take her with me.

We got back home at about 11:30, in the middle of a beautiful rain storm. The lightning and thunder was so awesome! We sat on Mum's bed and watched it for about half an hour. Dad was watching boxing and then with all the thunder and lightning, the tv lost its connection, so he came in and watched the storm with us. (meanwhile, Maddie was downstairs - scared half to death!!)

We ended up going to bed just after midnight - all and all it was a wonderful day! I am so blessed to be able to share days like these with my parents. God has given me the best and I am so blessed by them and from them. God knew I needed them in my life!!

Mum and Dad, thank you so much for letting me come and spend two days with you. I love you both more then words could ever say. You two are not only my parents but my best friends, and I love you both!!

Well, here it is Thursday morning - Bob is on his way here as we are going to BC for a week! Take care everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey KB! Wow it sounds like a great concert!! I wish I could have been there, one day I would love to take Jorge to a good country concert, he would love it!!

Im glad you had a good two days, it must have been nice to just sit back and relax with Mum, and special for them too, before you and Bob head out in September.

I love you lots! Have a great week in BC!!

Mandy

Wendy said...

Have fun on your trip!! I sure enjoyed our time together - we'll do it all over again in August!!

Love you!
Mum

Wendy said...

I miss you!! When are you coming home???

 
Designed by Lena