Monday, July 23, 2007

Packing, packing & wait...more packing

Shhhh....I'm suppose to be packing the house right now, but I wanted to quickly blog about this weekend :-) We had a good weekend, although there was parts that were also sad. On Friday night we went to Edmonton to be with my family to celebrate Dad`s birthday party. Tanya, Tom and the kids came up from Lethbridge and Aunty Cynthia and the kids were there, as well as my Mum`s cousin from England and her family. They arrived on Wednesday and have been spending time with Mum & Dad. It was lots of fun...also, when we were having supper, Mandy and Jorge called to wish Dad a happy birthday, so that was cool.

Saturday morning, the family from England left as they were going to Jasper and BC for a week or so before they left to go back to England. It was good to see them again (I met them all in 2002, but Bob had never met them) and to tell them we are going to be in England in September. We need to make sure we spend at least one day with them.

Then Bob, Hudson and I headed for home. We got home at about noon and Bob called Caroline (the lady that is taking Hudson), and we met her at Totem parking lot for her to take Hudson. I have to tell you, I bawled like a baby. It was hard for me, and even harder for Bob to give Hudson up, he really has been a good dog. Caroline is really nice and I know that Hudson will be well loved and so that is good! Thank you God! After we got home from that we packed up Meiko`s stuff and got her ready for the hour long trip to Edmonton to see her new home. Have I mentioned before that Meiko panics when in a car?? If not, then I guess you will have a good laugh in a couple of minutes (once you read further) at my expense!

She was good for about the first 40 minutes in the car, she sat wrapped in a blanket and didn't cry much at all, (that was when I held her and cried!) then about 20 minutes out of town, she had to go bathroom so she nicely peeed (is that how you spell it?) on me and then she cried for the rest of the way to Edmonton. Needless to say, she was crying so loud and annoying, it was so nice to finally get out of the car. We met the girl that is taking her, she seemed really nice and the good thing is Meiko will be the only pet. (besides gerbals but, I don't think Meiko will bother them) After saying good bye to yet the first pet we ever had (we have had her for 6 years), we went to my parents and spent the rest of the day with the Listers and my parents. Dad was really not feeling well as the medication he had to take for his operator was really screwing with his insides. He was also on a liquid diet, and so I felt bad for him. We left that night (Saturday) as we wanted to be at church on Sunday, so Bob took Bert (Dad's truck) and I drove Peppy (our car) so, we would have two vehicles this week for moving.

Sunday was a good day, we went to church and then came home and started packing. We started with the kitchen and the food and stuff. Oh, Bob was going to take a load of stuff in the truck to Devon but we noticed when we got home on Saturday night, that the truck back canopy was locked, so Tan and Tom volunteered on their way home to Lethbridge (Sunday afternoon) to bring the key from Dad. So, while we waited for them, we did some packing. Then by the time they got here and we ran to Walmart for some rubbermaid bins, it was already 4pm, and we were meeting Colin and Lhea for supper at 7. We ended up just packing. Then around 6ish we got ready and met Colin and Lhea at the Stangs house. They are house sitting for them and the Stangs have a/c in their house, so we figured we'd visit there. We ended up eating around 9 and then just visited and then we played the Wii on Darrell's big screen tv. Bob and I also ended up spending the night, as it was much cooler in the house then ours and also, our house is a mess with all the packing.

Monday morning - I was up at 7am as I drove Lhea to Calgary. She had to go pick up papers for their trip and I offered to go with her as their car burns lots of oil and Bob wanted to hang out with Colin anyway. We got on the road by 7:30 and were in Calgary by 9 and picked up her papers and we were out of Calgary by 9:30 and home in Blackfalds by 11:00! When I got home I continued packing and then Bob came home. (he had been with Colin on a dog catcher experience!!) Bob packed a load of stuff and headed for Devon. I continued packing and then I had an allergy test at 2pm, I went to that and then came home and did some more packing.

**Also, yesterday (Monday) Dad had his surgery. I talked to Mum a couple of times, she said the doctor said it went good. I have been praying all day for you Dad and for you Mum! Love you both!

Last night for supper, we met with our friend Karyn at Boston Pizza for supper, we had a fun visit and actually Colin came half way through. As Lhea was working her last shift at work from 12:30-9:30pm Then after supper, Bob and Colin again had to go on a dog catcher experience and so Karyn and I went our seperate ways and then she met me at my place to help pack. Well I have to admit, we didn't do any packing. Once she got her Mum called and then I talked to Tan for a little while. Then we headed over to the Stangs. (Karyn wanted to see their house and Bob had already decided that we were going to stay there again at night!)

We got there and played the Wii for a little while and then Karyn went home at about midnight and then the four of us packed it in. Bob and I were up this morning at 8 and have been packing ever since. I am almost done the kitchen!! Bob just ran out to get some more boxes and my friend Julia is coming over to help!! We are hoping to take 2 loads (one in the car and one in the truck) to Devon this afternoon and then I am going to go see Dad for a bit.

I guess I should go, so Bob never knows I was on here instead of packing :-) It will be our secret! (until he reads my blog!!)

Bye for now!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Does he know yet?? LOL! We'll never know 'cause he doesn't comment on your blogs anyway!

You had a busy weekend - sorry about your skirt - LOL! Gotta love pets! It was (as always) so good to have you with us - thanks for all your help with the cooking, etc. And for the pies!!! They were soooo yummy!! Thanks for the treat last night (Tuesday) - it was fun going out, just the three of us (Cynthia, KB and I went to Moxies for appetizers)... Can't wait til you're staying with us for a month!!

Love you!
Mum

 
Designed by Lena