Last night was so awesome! It all started around 10pm, the whole sky got dark and then around 11, it started to rain and it was so hard!! It was so wonderful!! I love a good thunder storm and this was one of the best I have ever seen! The lightning was amazing, it would light up the whole sky and the thunder was so loud, sometimes when the thunder went it sounded like someone let out a HUGE clap right in your ear. Then at one point, the rain came down so hard - it was just so awesome. I laid in bed just watching and listening, everytime I am in the middle of a storm like that, I just think of God and what a wonderful God He is! It's times like these I wonder, how can people not believe in God?? It's times like those when He shows me He is God!!
Yesterday was a good day, Bob's Uncle Mossey came for supper. He was on his way back to Edmonton from Calgary and he stopped by and the three of us went out for supper. Then after supper, the boys dropped me off at the church and I went to the ladies prayer meeting. Which was a wonderful time, there was only 4 of us, but still we prayed for a lot of different things.
Speaking of prayer, I have a prayer request. We found out from the South African consult that the reason they haven’t done our visas yet, is because if they were to fill them in now, they would expire before we come back from South Africa. (wish someone had told us that when we started…) They still have all the stuff there and are waiting and will do it closer to the date we leave. They said they needed us to get fingerprinted. We went on Saturday and got our fingerprints taken. But, now we have been trying to figure out where to send them, and have found on the internet where to send them in Ottawa but it says that the time to get them processed is 150 days!!! We don’t have that much time at all. I have left a message for someone to call me back, but they said sometimes, they don’t return the calls for 2 -3 business days!! Please pray with us that someone will call us back right away and that we will be able to get the answers we need and that there might be away to speed things up….please pray.
My Mum said it the best, God hasn't brought us this far just to stop providing. I know He is watching over us and that He will make a miracle happen, it's just a little hard when we don't have control over it ourselves. To God be the glory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, well, while you were enjoying the storm, I was fretting on your behalf 'cause Environment Canada website (I was working!) predicted tornado warnings for Blackfalds!!!
I'm glad you didn't pull a Dorothy and sweep into the sky!
We'll be praying for your visas...
Post a Comment