Sunday, July 15, 2007

Lost & Red Lobster

Yes, it`s true....I didn`t win at the poker game on Friday night :-( It was a fun night, although I wasn`t getting very good hand, so I did not win. I actually was the third one out (there was 6 of us) but, was able to buy one more round of chips. (which I wasn`t sure if I should......) But, I did and lost those as well. It was so hot outside and we started the game at about 8:30 and by 10, we were all just sweating from the heat. I think the game ended at about 1:30 as Cam & Bob each had about half the chips and decided to spilt the money. It was a fun time though, and I would like to play again one night, I don`t know if the guys want me to play again, but if they do, I`m in.

Yesterday (Saturday) morning we went to breakfast with Cam. (he had come up from Edmonton on Friday night for the poker game) We ended up going to Denny`s and it was so busy it took them 40 minutes just to get our food!! When we were done, Cam left to go back home, Bob and I called Troy (who we knew was working) and we met him at the detachment and he finger-printed us. For those of you that don`t know, we need to get this done for the South African consulte for our student visas.

From there, we went to Scott`s Parables Christian bookstore. Man, I could spend so much money there!! Bob ended up buying three cd`s and I got a cd and a book. I bought the book titled Intercessory Prayer, it is an older one, but one that I have always wanted to read. After that we went home and hung around the house for a little while, I ended up running back to Red Deer around 4 as I needed to go to Walmart and I also needed to pick up a belt.

Then around 6pm, we headed over to the Wendy`s on Gasoline Alley, as we were meeting the T&T group (twenties & thirties) group from our church. We did a road trip, we drove to Calgary and went to Red Lobster for supper. I am not a seafood person so, I had steak. But it was a fun drive and a fun night. It is always fun to fellowship with friends! I think we made it back home just after midnight.

Today is going to be just as busy I think......after church, Caroline (the lady taking Hudson) is going to come and pick him up and he is going to have another sleep over at her house tonight. Then Bob and I are packing up the car (just a few boxes) and are heading to Devon for a bbq. John and Corinne invited the family, so we are going to go there for 5pm. If you think of me, please pray......we are also bringing Jazz with us when we go as that is going to be her new home. I really don`t want to, but I know it has to be done!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Too bad you lost your poker winning streak - LOL!! Oh, well, if you don't let the guys win every now and then, they won't let you play next time.

Glad you're having a good and busy weekend - hope your Devon BBQ goes good.

We're praying for you as you're letting go of your pets......

Love you!!
Mum

Floyd said...

yes I know how you feel Kristy and Bob. I am so proud of you guys. I don't think I could it. It will be something that you will look back on for the rest of your life. God has been so good to our family. He sure is an awsome God. We'll se you both soon. Love you
Dad

Tanya said...

Awww!Praying for you Kb!!
I love you TONS! You are doing the right thing and your fur-babies will have good homes

cerbean said...

Hey KB...

We welcomed Jazzie in our home b/c we knew that we already loved her. She is such a beautiful loving cat.
She is doing really well here.
Actually better than I thought she would...I was so scared that I was going to have two injured cats! But, thankfully that is not the case at all! They are trying so hard to get along with one another. It will take some time. You know that you can have visitation rights with her right?? LOL! I don't think that Kiera is ever going to part with her though. She is completely in love with her. She is so cute. She made John bring Jazzie up to bed tonight b/c she didn't want her to sleep alone. She said that Pooky is a big boy and he can sleep alone, Jazzie is just a new baby! LOL! My girl says the cutest things! As soon as she settles in I will take some new pictures of her and us to put on FB.

 
Designed by Lena