Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hi from High Level

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update. We are doing well. We left Edmonton on Friday morning bright and early! Bob had me wake up by 5:15 and we were out on the road by 6am!!! Too early for me! I brought my pillow and slept for the first 3 hours and when I woke up, we were in Valleyview. Then I slept some more and then woke up in Manning and then from there I think I stayed awake, for the remainder two hour drive!

I started a new book from a Christian author who I have never read before. She writes suspense novels and she reminds me very much of Mary Higgins Clark, but it is nice that she is Christian. Although Mary's are really good too, it is nice to see a Christian author. I am only a quarter of the way through the book, but so far, I am enjoying it.

We arrived in High Level around 1:30pm and went and met Brittany at her work, (A&W) then Cheryl came and drove us to her house and then went back to work for a couple of hours. I must admit we just layed around the house and slept even for a little while :-) Cheryl has 3 dogs and then Brittany just got a new little one, so there were 4 dogs here!! They are pretty good dogs, Bob has enjoyed playing with them. Cheryl arrived home at about 5 and the three of us decided to go out for supper. Not many places to go in High Level we chose this new steakhouse. It was really good!! Then around 9pm, we picked up Britt from work and then headed over to the movie store to rent a movie. (not a whole lot to do in High Level after 9pm!!!!) As Bob was out numbered 3 to 1, us girls ended up getting a chick flick! It was called "Holiday" - it was pretty good. Bob didn't watch it all and Britt left half way through. Cheryl and I enjoyed it.

Today we slept in til about 10:30. Got up and the younger two girls, Ashley and Cassidy came home from camp today. We picked them up at about noon and then we went to the grocery store. I asked Cheryl if I could make supper, so I decided to make Garlic chicken! Also, I was telling her about Aunt Sal's apple cream cheese pie and so I bought the ingredients and made that this afternoon as well. We had a relaxing afternoon, just laying around. Also, Cheryl and I returned the video and picked up another chick flick to watch tonight :-)

I am going to go now, everyone is doing stuff around the house and Cheryl and I are going to go and watch our movie. Hope it's a good one! Night all!

1 comment:

Floyd said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun. See you soon.


love you both
Dad

 
Designed by Lena