....when you're having fun!!
I know, I know I haven't updated in a long time and I am sorry, but we seem to be running around lots and when I do get to a computer, I don't feel like sitting down to blog! Since my last blog, we have been back in Edmonton and spending time with our families! Last week, Mum and I went to a "Girls night out" with Aunty C, Cass, Samantha and Bethany, we had lots of fun, while Bob and Andrew spent some time together.
Saturday, we headed to Red Deer and spent the afternoon with deBoon family and then went back to Scott and Nan's to play some Wii. Believe it or not, the four of us played 2 games of Mario Party and I won them both!!! I couldn't believe it! Sunday after church, we stayed and visited with friends for a while (had a bbq after service). After that, we headed back to Edmonton as we were having supper at the Olive Garden with Bob's family. It was a nice supper and fun to see everyone, although poor Bob, they forgot his meal and then when it came out (he had ordered steak as he doesn't like pasta!) it was gross!! It tasted like they had microwaved it!! Needless to say, we didn't have to pay for his food! Good thing Olive Garden does salad and breadsticks, he ate lots!
This morning, we took Cass to the airport to leave for Chile! She is going to do her DTS with YWAM with Mandy and Jorge and I am so proud of her.....Cass, if you read this, remember I love you so very much and am so proud of you!
After we dropped her off, we went back to the house and Samantha stayed with us and around noon, we (Sam, Bob and I) went to the mall. Samantha had a gift certificate that she wanted to use for makeup. We (her and I - Bob didn't want to go in the makeup store) went into this store and they do free makeovers and the ladies show you what colors look good and stuff like that. So, with the encouragment from Samantha, I asked one of the ladies if she could tell me what colors would look good on my skin and stuff like that. And you know what she said......"what you have now looks good, I wouldn't change too much!" I was happy to hear that, but must admit that was not the answer I was looking for. Later Sam asked a girl to help, and she took her to the chair, showed her all different colors and how to use them and everything!! I was like.....Ok???? That's what I wanted.....oh, well. Mum said (we met up with her and Dad later) that maybe cause I am over 25 they know, I'm not going to spend that much money on makeup then say someone who is under 25! That is a very true statement, as some of their stuff was so expensensive!!
We came back to the house and just relaxed. Mum was going to the quilt store at one point and I went with her for the ride. Then we were both so tired, we slept for about an hour. (ok, I think I slept more!) Cass called at about 4:30 and said that she had made it to L.A. ok but her flight from L.A. to Chile (which was suppose to leave at 5:15 our time) was going to be 2 hours delayed for some reason! They didn't say why, they just told her it would be. She wasn't sure what to do, so she called. Mum told her just to sit and wait....that's all that could be done. She said the rest of her flights were good and we were so happy to hear, we had been been praying all day!
Tonight after supper, I went and met a friend for coffee. I haven't seen her in a long time and it was so good to catch up! One of the things I found out, was.....she reads my blog! So, here you go, this is for you......"My Dear Friend, it was so great to catch up with you! Thanks for being you! Thanks for your prayers, and always remember you have mine! I love you!"
When I came home, Sam, Mum and I decided to watch a movie, Samantha had never seen a Bette Davis movie, so we decided to watch "What ever happened to Baby Jane?" It was good, and I had forgotten some of it! All I can say is, no wonder there's the song "Bette Davis Eyes!"
And then that leads us to now, I just finished talking on msn to Myria and Tanya! I am hoping now that I updated mine, (Tanya told me it was time too) that Myria will follow suit and do the same.....come on Myria, you're overdue too!! hehe
Good night everyone! (although I think I am the only one up!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Kristy. I always look forward to your updates. Sure do love you.
Dad.
My only question is, who is the mysterious friend?
Good update, KB!! Yayyy...you said it all, now I can just refer everyone to your blog!!
Tom....that is for me to know!! (and guess what?? I do know!)
Does Bob know about this friend?
Post a Comment