Yesterday, I got to celebrate my first birthday in South Africa. It was such a special day! During base worship, they called me up and the base director and one of my friends prayed for me. Then they all sang "Happy Birthday!" After morning lectures, I could tell that Dan (our school leader) was stalling for time. He asked everyone meet at the eating area in about 15 minutes. (and it was 1pm then, and that is the time we normally eat!) When I got there, this is what was there! The staff had made a special lunch in my honor! They did french toast, sausage, bacon, yogurt and fresh fruit. Normally, lunch is just breads and spreads. So, this was a real treat! Then they all gave me a birthday card, it was nice, everyone had signed it! I felt so loved! After lunch we all went our seperate ways, I ended up hanging around the base and some of the local kids were just hanging out, and so I spent an hour just talking with them and getting to know them better. The girls were about 9 years old, and just loved to talk. It was so nice just to sit and talk with them. Also, the sun came out and it was a beautiful afternoon!
It was such a special day, and I feel so blessed!!
1 comment:
Hey, South African flowers look a lot like ours!! LOL! The fruit platters made me drool... How nice that they did that, KB! Hey, what's up with the wall in the eating place? How come it's not getting finished? I'd be afraid of a storm brewing or something...LOL...
Happy B-day again! Love you!
Mum
p.s. I noticed you didn't say "my birthday in South Africa" but, rather, "my FIRST birthday in SA", as if there might be more to come! Praying for you as you both seek God's will in your lives!
Post a Comment