Monday, December 03, 2007

Plumbline week

I know it's been a while since I wrote and I apologize, this past week in class was the Plumbline week and for those of you that don't know what that is, it is (and was) one of the best and hardest weeks ever! I will explain a little bit here; it is where you look to God and to yourself to find out what areas in life you are still struggling with. Areas where we have built up walls and where satan still has strong holds in our life. WOW!! On Friday afternoon, evening and then all day Saturday (9am - 11pm) we spent together as a team just being in ministry. The ministry time was just a chance for us to share what God had spoken to us over the days and where we needed to break down the walls that we have built up inside us. In order for God to build new walls.

For myself personally it was amazing to process all these things and come to find out lies that I have believed for so long that I thought were from the devil were actually lies that I had told myself and told myself so much that I started to believe them and in turn, gave satan a foothold into my life. It all makes sense now, I see that because I had told myself these lies, satan had nothing to do with them, the only thing he did was remind me of them, and then I believed they were from the enemy and in fact, they were from myself and so therefore, I had to confess them in order for them to be gone and so I could be free!

I have to tell you, after I was done sharing, it was like a HUGE weight was lifted and I feel so much better and have so much more confidence! God is good - all the time!

We are in our last week of lecture phase of the school this week. It is so hard to believe that we have been here 3 months already! Next week will be focusing on getting ready for outreach and preparing! Please pray for us, we have not gotten much financial support or prayer support and without these two things it is impossible for us to go on outreach! We know that God will bring both things, but we just want to trust Him.

This week is also our last week of Kidzone, we are planning a Christmas party for the kids. It is going to be hard to leave these kids for 3 months, some of them have really gotten close to my heart. Ok, I can't lie....most of them have a special place in my heart!

Also, on this Friday night is our fundraiser dinner. Please pray for us in that area. We went into the community and sold quite a lot of tickets but now we just need to collect the money from people. I am in charge of the tickets and the money issues and so far I think we have sold about 170 tickets, so that is good! I am going to bring my camera and hopefully I will be able to take some pictures so I can share with you all. But if you could just pray for peace and that everything runs smoothly. We thought we would be able to get into the hall during the afternoon (our event starts at 7pm) but we were just told today that we can't get in until 5pm as they have a function going all during the day. So, it means we will just have two hours to get ready from when we get the hall. I guess the only good news in that all is that we are in South Africa and African time is usally later then normal, so maybe because we told everyone the event starts at 7, maybe they won't arrive til 7:30!!! HAHA! Just kidding!!!

Well, I am going to get going. I have to go to some places and ask for donations for our Christmas party with the kids for Wednesday. Also, I am going into the community tonigh with Hannes and it rained all day today, so I need to change my shoes.

Bye everyone, love to all.

God bless!

2 comments:

Floyd said...

Sounds like you have been busy but liking it eh? Sure do miss you. Glad that you are enjoying it all. Good is good and you know we will be praying.I love you sweetie. Tell Bob I said Hi. love him too.

Wendy said...

The Plumbline session sounds awesome, honey. I remember Mandy telling me about it when she went through it. I'm so glad you found some healing and victory there. I know that I have taken lies originally from Satan and memorized them, then repeatedly said them back to myself. He could go on his merry way because Wendy was all programmed to lie to herself. How sad is that, eh? But how wonderful when it is revealed to us and we can tell him where to go and replace the lie with God's Truth!! Amen!

We'll be praying about the funding for your outreach, honey. God will provide (as your husband is telling you!).

I love you and miss you....

Mum

 
Designed by Lena