...the two go hand and hand! (especially for me!)
Everything is awesome here in Jbay..my parents arrived on Wednesday afternoon and I was so excited to see them! Everyone in school asked me what the first thing I was going to do when I saw them, I said...I'm going to cry and guess what? I DID!! haha It was so exciting to see them get off the plane, Mum and I just held eachother and cried! It is so exciting to have them here and show them all around Jbay. Wednesday night was family meal at the base, and so it was cool to introduce my parents to our family here, everyone was so welcoming.
Thursday was spent getting ready for our grad, decorating the hall. At 2pm we had a braai as kind of like a "last meal" together, my parents were able to come so that was fun! At 7pm was our grad and in typical school fashion, we started late, but it was ok...when in Africa, do like the Africans!! LOL The grad went really good, I was so proud of everyone. It was when they started handing out the certificates that it really started to sink in for me.
(sorry...tears are coming now!)
These people that we have lived with for the past six months, the people that we have laughed with, fought with, had tears with, shared my life with, they have become my family! To say that I will just miss them would be a huge understatement, they each have a special place in my heart and I love them all! I am in awe of God's goodness, to bring Bob and I to Jeffreys Bay. He has taught me so much and I know that I am always learning new things. But, these people, the staff and the students in our school...I have a love for them like no others. We've been through so much and I am so thankful to God for allowing us all to be here at the same time together for such a time as this! These people have encouraged daily and I am going to miss each of them. They are all so special to me and I thank God for each one of them!
After grad we had some time to just visit and it was there that the tears started...I hate saying goodbyes. Last night some of just hung out, visited and it was fun..although I wish it was longer. But I know that that is life, we did stay til 2:30am.
This morning we had to say goodbye (sorry, not goodbye, "see you later"!) to CJ...man that was a hard one for me! We also went to breakfast with Sarah, Joe and Katie and my parents as Joe and Katie are leaving this morning too. After breakfast, Bob and Joe decided they needed ice cream, as it was one of the things they used to do together during lecture phase part of the school. So, here it was 9:30am and Bob and Joe are eating ice cream! Then just about 10 minutes ago now (as I am typing this) Joe and Katie left for the airport! Man, more tears! This is just not fun...I think my eyes are going to be forever red!!!
Well, I guess I must go...my parents and Bob are waiting for me! I don't know if I will be able to blog much in the next couple of weeks as now we are now done school it is time to go "sight-seeing" not sure what the plan is today, but I know the sun is shinning and the ocean is crystal clear and the white sandy beaches are calling our names, also Mum and Dad need to work on their tan, it is so hot here it shouldn't take them long.....
...anyone jealous yet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Kristy!
I got choked up reading your last entry on the blog. :) I hope you enjoy your last few days in S/A with your family.
Isaiah and I were in Red Deer last week and really missed seeing you guys there! The trip was good, but hard on the kids, especially Thaddeus. He really misses his friends and wants to move back. :(
Anyway, hope we'll be able to see each other sometime soon!
Take care!
Love Isabelle and the rest of the Bondts!
Post a Comment