Monday, March 17, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Hi everyone,

I am sorry that I haven't blogged in a while, but having my parents here - we have been doing a lot of the "tourist" things! It sure is fun showing them around Jbay and other places! We have been keeping busy...

..we have been to the lion park and to the market in P.E. (Port Elizabeth) Thanks to our friend Mark, who lent us his car and so we are able to go wherever, whenever. That is a big help and a lot cheaper then renting a car. On this past Wednesday, we drove to Cape Town (about 7 hours away) and did some tourist things there. There was so much to do there, I think the one thing we really accomplished was shopping, shopping and oh wait...more shopping!! haha We also drove down and saw some penguins one day and did go on a nice "sunset cruise ride"...right Mum!! haha - let's just say, Mum thought it would be nice because we would be able to get some nice sunset pictures...I think we all forgot that we were going to be on the water, and that the water gets choppy once the wind starts and the sun goes down...!! LOL It was fun though and we made a memory...too bad we don't have many pictures cause Mum had to keep her camera hidden or it would have got soaking wet!!

Other then that we have been just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful South African sun! Even though it is winter here, the weather has been really nice the last couple of days. Yesterday, Mum, Dad and I were able to go to the beach and just lay in the sun...gotta work on my tan before I come back to cold Canada. I have heard that you guys have had snow and all I can say is "that's not nice!" I don't want to come home to snow, even though I did miss it in December, I really don't want to see it.

Well, I have put some new pictures up on Facebook, I'm sorry for those of you that don't have Facebook, I will have to wait until I get home to put new ones on Photobucket.

We fly out of South Africa on Friday night. All four of us are on the same flights all the way home. It is hard to believe that our time here is almost done...I am really missing all the students from our DTS and even the ones that are here, it's going to be so hard to say goodbye. Although I am looking forward to getting home and seeing all of you!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena